Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

OMG Rainy Days are the Worst!

JoyJJoy Posts: 560
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Oh, man! It's raining cats and dogs here and my back is really acting up. I had to go to my PCP yesterday and have her look at my foot. I thought I had a stone bruise from going barefoot on the treadmill, but even after resting the foot for a few days, the pain was still there. Come to find out I have a Plantar's Wart. She did the freezing thing, but it's still very painful to walk! Never had one of these before. What's up with this foot anyway? Two years ago I had a neuroma removed from same foot. Arthritis has also taken a liking to this foot as well. And, of course, the pins and needles in the foot from the surgery. All in all...it's just a crummy day for me. But...I will count my blessings. It could be a lot worse!
advertisement

Comments

• Hiya Joy >:D<
    Sorry that you are not having a good time lately >:D< My pain certainly increases when the weather changes :O Hope to see you around to chat >:D<

Angie :H
  • Its crappy to here. My back has been a mess since Wed afternoon. The ache. Just plain uncomfy.
    Of course my testing did not hlep me any.
    As it made me tense muscles I have not tensed since before surgery :$ :$ :* (had to make you smile)

Sorry about your foot. My sis in law had one and I remember how painful it was. Plus the after effects to.
    Girl what were you doing on a treadmill barefoot?? Ouchie :''(

Do you have a heating blanket?? That is what I'm on right now in bed. Of course bed is the most comfy spot for me anyway since I came home. So I basically live up here. As my moms couch is like 20yrs plus old and not the most comfy thing in the world. Why I took it?? I don't know!!!!!!!

Hang in there hun, take your meds and keep nice and cozy warm.

Love yas
    Terri :X >:D< >:D<
  • :) hi Joy, :H i am so sorry you are having feet problems! i have never had one of those before but i hardly wear shoes. :T i don't look forward to the rain at all. ~X( i am in pain just from the cold weather now. no matter how many socks i put on my back still hurts!! =)) keep yourself warm and cozy and take your meds!! this is a nice time to spend some time on the forum! take care! Jenny :)
  • Well...I wanted to get some talking done on the treadmill and couldn't get my tennis shoes on without help, so I had the bright idea of going barefoot! No too bright of an idea now that I think about it. lol
  • I had scoliosis surgery when I was 13 yrs. old and two stainless steel rods were fused to my spine. I am 31 now and have horrible lower back pain, numbness, and shooting pain down my right leg. I have been to the doctor for the pain and was prescribed lortab 7.5. The meds work ok but I am not big on taking pills and was wondering if there is another alternative I could look into. Any help is appreciated.

• Joy said:
    Well...I wanted to get some talking done on the treadmill and couldn't get my tennis shoes on without help, so I had the bright idea of going barefoot! No too bright of an idea now that I think about it. lol
    Joy,

When I was unable to put my own shoes on, I found some sandals that were made for heavy duty outdoor trekking. Some that could be slipped on without much effort. This allowed me to continue to walk everyday without waiting for my husband to come home at lunch and put my shoes on.

"C"
  • Have you had a recent MRI? Have you tried physical therapy, or a chiropractor? After the MRI, your dr. should be able to tell where the pain is coming from. Might be something old, or something new. Just a thought. I just hate it when I'm prescribed a pain medicine before they know WHY the pain is there. Best wishes to you!
advertisement