Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New here And getting ready for another multilevel surgery

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi, I'm new here. Live in SC in the US. My name is Brian and I'm 45. 3 years ago I had c4-c7 fused using cadaver bone. That surgery went well other than the nausea from the pain meds. Last year I was having some pain again and insisted on an MRI. Lucky me I herniated c3-c4. The Neurologist said he could do surgery again but I declined since he wasn't sure it would eliminate the discomfort. Fast forward to a month ago. Started having lower back pain and numbness in the left buttock and in a couple toes left foot. Well I knew what this meant. Finally went and saw the Orthopedist and had an MRI. L4-S1 are severely herniated. S1 is basically closed up on the nerve root also. L3 is bulging but not impinging, yet. L4-L5 disk is solid black, completely lost all it's fluid. So, here I go again. I haven't set a date yet for the surgery. I'm trying to figure out which will work best financially since it's so close to the end of the year. Plus I have an appointment to see the Neurosurgeon and a Pain Management doctor this coming Wednesday. I'm really getting tired of my spine. Seems it is falling apart faster than it should. I'll be posting more.
advertisement

Comments

  • welcome to spine-health..
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! =; we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. now that you have your diagnosis you can move on to treatment. make sure you do your homework and ask all the questions you can. :? the more information you have the better. the forum is a great place for info. =D> good luck in whatever you decide to do. keep us informed of your plans! Jenny :)
  • I have not had a fusion yet because of the risks associated with them. However, I have had lots of procedures done including an endoscopic microD and laser surgery in Dec. 07. I am so sorry to hear that you are suffering from both ends of the spine. I hope that you will be able to find some relief from the pain when you meet with your PM doc on Wednesday. Good luck to you and please keep us posted.
Sign In or Register to comment.