Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

FINALLY Home After 9 Days and 2 Surgeries...... geesh

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Matters of the Heart
We finally got to come home today, after being there 9 days!! I haven't ever been in the hospital for that long! I had awesome nurses and docs so that was a major plus.

They scoped my belly to look for adhesions and whatnot. Found NO adhesions!!! (Thank god). But found that my female organs were a mess. I had 3, yes three, fallopian tubes... I knew I was a freak. My uterus was twice it's normal size, and both of my ovaries were covered in cysts, one the size of a walnut. I also had some condition that is akin to endometriosis, but I had the tissue growing into the muscles and not my abdominal cavity. I had never heard of it so I can't remembember the condition. Anyway, you get the picture.

Had the Scope on Monday, and had a complete and total hysterectomy, ovaries and all. Pathology on everything showed NO SIGNS OF CANCER so for that I thank god.

I am in ALOT of pain right now.... got home and settled in from the hospital around noonish. Boy do I get tired fast! I have to be careful and not over do, or trip and fall like I do sometimess. It's time for me to take care of me, and allow those who love me to help me out too knowing that they do it because they love me. I am so independent that I hate having to lean on others, but I am a work in progress.

Well, I am on enough meds, pain or otherwise, right now that I am going to stop typing before I just start to ramble

Thanks to all of you who sent the prayers my way. We got them ALL!!!

Hugs and love,

Amy
advertisement

Comments

• Glad everything worked out and no "c" Hope you heal quickly. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hi Amy,

Glad you are home. I loved what you wrote -

"It's time for me to take care of me, and allow those who love me to help me out too knowing that they do it because they love me."

That could be a daily affirmation. ;)
    Glad your spirit is healing as well as your body.
    Take care of you,
    O-
  • Glad that your home, and that there's no cancer. That's great news.
  • Good to see your home..you take care...
  • Hiya Amy >:D<
    Glad your home :) and on the road to recovery. Take it easy, and one day at a time >:D< . Wishing you well, and stay strong :? . Hope to chat soon :) . Blessings O:)

Angie >:D<
  • Amy,

Rest up and heal up. Just glad that you were able to find out what was causing you all that pain. Make sure those ER docs find out what happened!

"C"
  • Hi Amy,
    I'm glad you had no cancer and that this surgery is done and hopefully you will have less pain and can concentrate on recovery.
    LJ
  • Ime glad your home and safe! Ime glad the tests came back ok too! take the love you have coming and wallow in it shamelessly,love goes both ways and obviously Mike has enough coming back to him that he cant stay away! love to you and yours,and heal up fast so we can see your smile!
  • amy...no 'splaining to me needed for what you have been through...I was in the same place in 7/00 :O I never even thought about the cancer thing until the doc told me what she had to remove!

Very happy for your results, take care, get better soon, and you'll feel like a feisty teenager soon!
  • I am so glad that you have finally gotten to the bottom of things! hopefully you will feel like new in no time!
  • So glad to hear that you are on the mend Amy and that there was no cancer involved. Have a fan handy for when those hot flases start! lol I had my ovaries removed 1 1/2 years ago and my portable fan was my best friend until they started me on HRT.

I know that I find it hard to accept help from others, but this sounds like a time to accept it with open arms!! >:D<

Continued good recovery!!!

Diane
  • I am glad you are home and resting; mostly, though that there was none of that nasty cancer! #:S

Thank you so much for updating us. Rest well, hon - you're in my prayers! O:)

Jeaux

B)
  • Amy,
    I am so pleased for you and that you have had the same excellent news that our family has received this week, a lady I consider a very close friend, and also happens to be my husbands mom, has had 6 inches of her bowel removed and loads of uncomfortable biopsis taken, has recieved the fantastic news ...No cancer , so I understand the elation you have right now .
    Please take it easy and let people take care care of you.
    What you need to do right now is easy ,sleep, sleep sleep!

Love and Best Wishes Viking :)))
  • I am so glad that they have found the cause of that pain and validated your feelings. If only they would *really* listen. I know that you are on your way to health.

One Love,

Stephanie
advertisement