Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New here...A little about me!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in New Member Introductions
:H

Hi everyone, im a newbie so i thought i would share a little bit about me and my spine storu.

My name is Emma, im 22(23 in February)and im 5 months pregnant with my first baby, Lily.

4 Years ago when i was 18 i was rushed into hospital with suspected Menegitis, i didnt have it thank god but i was given a lumbar puncture (spinal tap) to make sure....ever since that day i have had a chronic back problem which i found out was DDD last year. I have had anumber of MRI's, Scans, X rays, Epidurals, Facet Joint injections, so many painkillers and anti inflamatoris i rattled when i walked, and finally a Dyneses in February this year. Obviously sinc the pregnancy i havent been taking any pain killers (just paracetamol) and i havent been able to have anything done apart from one MRI i had in September this year, which showed a huge amount of fluid building up in my joints. So now im in constant pain and dreading the last couple of months of my pregnancy as its not looking as if im going to be much use around the house. Am about to see my midwife to ask for a Cesarean Section as i dont believe my body will cope well with the extra pressure on my spine.

Well thats me!
Hope everyone is ok.
advertisement

Comments

• Hope you get through the pregnancy well, and not too much pain. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Welcome to spine-health...
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. You seem to be fully informed of the pregnancy and the effect on your back! kudos for doing your homework both for you and the baby. =D> you seem wise and i imagine you have chosen a wise mid wife as well. pregnancies do things to our backs and spinal column not normally done.!! good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and all that entails. please keep us informed when you are well enough and tell us all about the newest member of your family! >:D< peace and faith to you and your husband! :X Jenny :)
  • I am so sorry to see yet another young person suffering with spine issues. I know that it must be extra stressful suffering and being pregnant at the same time. Try not to worry too much as it will just put extra stress on you and your baby. Do you have a friend or family member that might be able to help you with the physical things that you are not able to do? I hope that you are able to find some type of relief and that you have as easy of a delivery as possible. Good luck and please keep us posted.
advertisement