Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi,I am 56yrs. old & have been dealing with back problems for over 35yrs. I have had 7 back surgeries,2 were fusions,2 were take out hardware,2 were re-fusions & one was a re-herniation. I have had lot's of tests all which caused me more pain& no relief. I am to have a disc-ogram on Nov.5th & see my surgeon to set up my 8th surgery. If it helps me 25% I will be happy,I have had chronic pain for5yrs. now & am on narcotics for pain. :''( I hope this post works this time,would enjoy talking to you all. Alana2674 :)
advertisement

Comments

• :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am alittle over 50 myself and have been a pain patient for almost 40 years. i am doing the best ever right now with appropriate meds and walking and stretching. =D> you don't mention what you are doing for pain besides medications? please make yourself at home and have a good look around the forums! you sound like you are really suffering and i hope you find the pain relief you seek soon. Jenny :)
  • Hi Paul,Thanks so much for the warm welcome,I see you have had knee replacements,did you get a good result Paul? My left knee is bone on bone but my surgeon told me to wait as long as I can. I did have 3 cortizone shots but the 3rd. one my blood sugar's shot way up so I can't have any more of them. I don't think I can wait much longer,thanks much for any info you can provide Paul. Alana :)))
  • You really have been through alot in 5 short years. I have been suffering for 5 years but have not had near the surgeries that you have. My knees are also very arthritic and I will also be facing replacement one day. Good luck to you and please keep us posted.
  • Hi,Thanks for the Welcome,I should of said I had the 7 back surgeries over 30 some years,I went 10 yrs. in between my surgeries. I had a car accident after I had 2surgeries & that caused ALL the rest. I hope I cleared this up for you,thanks again. Alana :)
  • You asked what else I am doing for my pain besides meds.,not to much right now because the pain is so bad. I am having a discgogram Nov.5th & see my surgeon the next day to see about surgery. My L5S1 disc has slipped forward a bit & is unstable I believe,so I will let you all know what I find out. Thanks again,Alana :)
  • :) Alana, hang in there! time for your procedure will be here before you know it. we can get to know you better the more you let us in!! thanks for sharing and good luck again! Jenny :)
  • Jenny,What do you mean by let you in? What is differance between buddy list & I think it was PM? Thanks,Alana
advertisement