Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Tues. morning at 730am

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Well here we go with the rods and bolts. Doc says it may not help pain but they are just trying to shore up the neck so I do not have a pesky little accident. Pain management is on its way i suppose. Does surgery ever end? Why is this surgery scaring me more than any other one I have ever had? Wish me luck. will try to post back and let you know how things go barring nothing happens.
advertisement

Comments

• I hope things go well for you Tuesday. Wishing you healing thoughts. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • :) i am sending lots of positive energy your way for a successful surgery and full recovery! don't be afraid, you have angels on your shoulders >:D< it will turn out as it should! keep us informed when you can! in the mean time, make sure your house is prepard and you have help at home when you get out!! #:S Jenny :)
  • GOOD LUCK ON TUESDAY!!! You will do just fine.
    I'm the totally wrong person to ask if surgery ever ends #:S @) :??

Just keep up with your drs orders. Hopefully if you still have pain. You find a AWESOME pain managment group and all will work out well for you :D
  • Best wishes on Tuesday. Don't worry about this surgery scaring you more than others. According to my NS, it's perfectly normal and if you weren't scared, then in his words "I'd be worried".

I figured by the time I went for my first c-spine surgery that since I had had so many other spine surgeries already, that I wouldn't be so worried. Wrong ... I was a wreck. I sat down and talked things out with the doc and was able to get things under control.

Hang in there, you'll do great.

"C"
  • Trying to keep the chin up and stay cool. I know a lot of you have way worse probs and surgeries than I have and I am not making light of it when i ask when the surgeries are ever going to end. I meant for all of us...I wish peeps who didn't have to ever go through this would just try to understand what it is exactly that we have to deal with as spinal patients on a daily basis. I am keeping positive energy though and prayer. I am planning a back packing trip as soon as the doc says I am free to do so...I can't wait, any of ya gorgeous women wanna tag along? see ya in a couple of weeks. :D :| :W :< :/ :sick: :( :S /:) 8> :D
    Yes I am feeling all of this at the same time and no I did not od on the codeine.
  • Hang in there. One good thing about surgery. You get a good long nap :))( Sure, I'd love to go backpacking, but can't. My neck and back hurt too much! LOL

Thoughs and prayers for a full recovery.
  • Back packing, but I think my husband would have a problem with it.

Hey check out moderator Bruce's trip up a mountain in Borneo http://ucandoit2.multiply.com/

Freaking phenomenal stuff!

"C"
advertisement