Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Intro

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi Everyone! I am very new here. I was surfing on the net about back pain, workers' comp, etc... and found out about this site.
I am an RN, worked in a very busy floor (ICU, Telemetry), and hurt my back while pushing a bed (w/ the patient on it) with a transporter. Not a good idea.
Had 3 epidurals, it did help me with the pain and tingling, have bad and good days.
I will check on every forum there is here. I hope you will accept my invite to be my buddies. Thank you.

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to Spine Health. Stinks that you hurts yourself while helping another, but thanks for being willing to do so in the first place.

So I take it you did some sort of damage to your L-spine? If you've already had 3 epidurals then you've been hurting for a while. Bummer.

Well there's lots of great folks on this board, so hang out and you'll meet plenty.

Welcome,

"C"
  • Welcome to spine health.
    Yes boy do I wish I had found it way before my back surgery to !!

Its a awesome place with awesome people and information!!!

So sorry you hurt your back, alot of us know what that is like all to well and live it everyday..

Glad you got a little relief from the ESI's.
    Anything else they can do for you treatment wise??

GOOD LUCK
    Terri >:D<
  • Hi "C"
    Yeah, really, when you care for people, especially in the nursing field, you can get hurt and that's it. No more bedside nursing for me. L3 - S1, to be exact. Had the epidurals 2 yrs ago. I had one episode of not being able to walk/stand from excrutiating pain 2 yrs ago, so I had to be admitted to the hospital for pain management for a week, Morphine IV, etc... Funny how a nurse becomes a patient, the funniest being, was my co workers became my nurses, whew! I'd say I was a "spoiled" patient that time.
    This year, I had another episode of not being able to stand, or sit, or even to change position while in bed. I just had to stay in bed 1 whole day, then was able to walk slowly the next day.
    I can see there's lots of great folks here! Lots of catching up for me.
    Thanks "C"!

• Hi Terri, Gosh! You did a lot of operations, how are you? I can see you are taking these things on the positive side, I like your spirit! Amen to that! We can't let our pain control us, it should be the other way around. Life goes on, with or without the pain.
    I take the vitamin supplements, exercise a bit, like walking, when it hurts, I just slow down.
    Well, good luck to you too! I hope you will recover well with your recent operation. :)
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,728
    Welcome to spine-health. I'm sorry to hear you hurt yourself trying to help someone. Now that just doesn't seem fair. I Hope you can continue to get releif going the conservative route. And I'd love to have you as a buddy, I'm not very computer savvy,but I think I know what it intails.
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • I agree and also wish that I would have found SH before surgery. But, I am still very glad to be here now. I think that you will find many "buddies" here and you will never be alone again.
  • Thanks for the warm welcome Jim! I am liking it here, you know, just to chat or post something.
    Can't help but to do my job, nursing, I am an RN, used to be in the bedside (staff nurse). Lots of nurses really hurt their back so bad, they had to pursue higher studies (i.e. Masters degree) for an administration job, (which I did).
    Goodluck to you too, thanks for being one of my buddies.
    honeybee
  • I am glad I found SH and found you guys. I see that you had lots of back surgeries, how are you dealing with the pain, did the surgery ease the back pain? I am planning on having microdiscectomy, just wondering how much would it cost, the dr's fee, etc...
    Ok, take it easy, have a good one!
    honeybee

advertisement