Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Bad stomach pain UPDATE bad news

manaleriemmanalerie Posts: 552
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Chronic Pain
Hello guys... long time no talk :)

I woke up this morning with some pretty bad upper stomach pain. It hurts to breathe, and hurts really bad to move or touch. I feel pretty bloated, and I am sure its just gas pain. I swear though, this feels just like when I had gallstones... before I had my gallbladder taken out!

Midwife wants me to see my primary Dr. since she doesn't think this is pregnancy related, but scheduled me for an ultrasound today just in case.

Has anyone else had their gallbladder out? I've heard that there can still be stones hiding in the ducts, that continue to grow for up to 5 years before becoming symptomatic. I wonder what they do in that case?

Anyway... here's hoping for gas (lmao)

Wish me luck guys... any thoughts/opinions appreciated

Amanda
advertisement

Comments

• I absolutely agree with your midwife to get in to the doc, TODAY. Any time you have any abdominal pain (especially in the upper right side), you should report to your GYN doc. You are probably aware of the condition pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH), and going to the doc will help to rule this out. Did you have heartburn with your first baby? (Very common with pregnant ladies) Any problems urinating or back pain? You are absolutely doing the right thing going to the doc. I always tell people, regardless of peoples "opinions," including mine, always err toward checking in with the doc when you are pregnant and having something strange going on. Congrats on your other baby and on your new pregnancy! I hope all is well and I look forward to hearing that your problem is gas or something that just passes....please let us know what happens okay?
    Blessings, Laura
  • I had mine out in 1997. I never heard of stones being left in the bile duct. I can tell you that sometimes these meds give me painful gas that are comparable to a full blown gallbladder attack. Good luck and let us know how you make out.
  • So I went to my midwife yesterday, who said that my stomach pain is not pregnancy related... however there is a problem with the pregnancy, and I'm not going to carry much longer. They said that it is not growing, and there is no heartbeat. They have me scheduled for another ultrasound, and then a DNC if needed.

I spent most of last night in the ER with stomach pain, and with a few pokes on the belly, and an antacid was sent home with a possible ulcer. Nice how they checked into it huh? 6 hours in the ER, and I saw the doctor for maybe a minute.

I don't know what ulcer pain is, but I don't think this is it. I will call my doctor tomorrow, since the pain has only gotten worse today. They said that I may need a scope or something.

So, I am obviously bummed. I guess however this pregnancy just wasn't meant to be.

Thanks for all of your well wishes and support.

Amanda
  • I'm sorry for the not too encouraging news about the baby. Is it they're going to recheck with the ultrasound and bloodwork? We really care about our fellow members. Hope you're health is good. Sleep with angels. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • My heart goes out to you. Please know that I'm thinking of you and that if you need anything I'm just a PM away.

Griff

• Amanda,

So sorry to read what your going through, I also want to give my support as well.

Good health wishes sent your way!!!
  • My wife went through this twice and it is not very nice at all, give yourself time to grieve and this situation is always difficult and has a bigger impact that you may initially think it has. Even after all this time I never forgot those events and what the outcome should have been.

People who say you can just try again have not been through this.

Take care God Bless.

John
  • I am so very sorry to hear what you are going through. >:D<
  • They are going to check again next week with another ultrasound to be sure, but my midwife doesn't think the outlook is good. She is actually surprised I am still carrying.

I thank you all for your support.

Amanda
  • I'm so sorry for the news you and your lovely family have recieved. I won't go into major detail here, but I know what you are going through. Please take care of yourself and know that some things in this life are not in our hands. As someone else has already said, please allow yourself the opportunity to grieve. It is a process and we all have our own way of processing and grieving.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and I am sending you warm and gentle hugs. God Bless, Mitzi >:D<
  • Amanda,

My heart goes out to you and your family hunnie. Lots of great advice here, if next week it is omfirmed that your baby has passed away, allow yourself to mourn then. Is there no hope at all?

Take all the time you need. Know that we are all thinking of you.

Words seem so very inadequate at a time like this, I'm sat here in tears reading about it all, wishing I could say something meaningful to you, when you must feel your heart is breaking.

Sending you lots of love, hugs and positivity in a trying time.

Love Danni xxxx oooo xxxx
  • Sweetie, I am so sorry to hear the news about your baby. My sister went through this twice - in between the births of her 2 daughters. I've never experienced it, but I could tell it was hard on my sister - even though she tried to be stoic. Like everyone else: allow yourself that grief. We are all here behind you, thinking of and praying for your family.

Take care, sweets.

Jeaux
  • I am so sorry sweety. I too have lost a child. He was 5 years old after fighting a fight with cancer. What I can say is that heaven is such a fantastic, fun, marvelous, beautiful place; if you asked loved ones their choice: earth or heaven, heaven would win out in a second. Your baby is well loved, cared for, pain free, having a great time....
    The grief will come in waves...allow it when it comes. Prayers and warm thoughts coming your way.
    Laura
  • that can really be put into words can express how sorry that I am for you. Please know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
  • So sorry sweetie. You will make it through this. It will take time. But it will happen. O:) O:) O:) O:) O:)

You said something about ulcers.
    I had 2 the size of a apple. I had major burning and nausea.
    I could not touch my belly I could not eat worth nothing. It would make the burning worse. That was from years of motrin use.
    but the pain is not what like your describing. But again everyone is different.
    The pain part I had was from IBS. They diagnosed that with a colonoscopy. I was bloated and the pain OMG I wanted to pop.
    My back and belly were very sore. But I was still going to the bathroom so of course I did not think it was that, so glad I had the test done.

Good luck on finding the issue.
    And again we are here for you as your support team to get your through all of this. ;)

Lots of hugs
    Terri >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • So very sorry to hear your news. Please keep us posted on how you are doing, we are all here for you and our thoughts are with you.
    >:D< >:D< >:D<
    --Melissa
  • Amanda,
    I am so sorry to hear your news...My heart just breaks for you and your family. You will be in my thoughts.
    Allison >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • Hi Amanda, I am so sorry to hear this.
    Angela >:D<
  • As you can see we are all thinking of you. Take extra care of yourself. We are all here for you. God Bless. A big hug to you and your hubby.
  • I'm so sorry for your news. I wanted to tell you that you sound like a very strong woman with a good outlook on things. Let yourself feel the pain from this, okay? It is natural to grieve.

back to the topic of gallstones, yes it is possible to have stones or sludge still in the bile ducts. Hopefully though you just had a case of "gas" like you said. The procedure they do to clean out the bile ducts carries some risk to it, so PM me before you have it done, if it comes to this. I hope you enjoyed your Halloween with your 2 year old. Trick-or-treating with the little ones creates lots of fun memories.
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • be good to yourself, Amanda; I wish you the best possible outcome.

Tracy
  • I am so sorry to hear your news. That is indeed a difficult thing to go through. As is the back pain is not enough to deal with. Now the stomach pain and the loss of your baby.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    OZ
  • manalerie said:
    Hello guys... long time no talk :)

I woke up this morning with some pretty bad upper stomach pain. It hurts to breathe, and hurts really bad to move or touch. I feel pretty bloated, and I am sure its just gas pain. I swear though, this feels just like when I had gallstones... before I had my gallbladder taken out!

Midwife wants me to see my primary Dr. since she doesn't think this is pregnancy related, but scheduled me for an ultrasound today just in case.

Has anyone else had their gallbladder out? I've heard that there can still be stones hiding in the ducts, that continue to grow for up to 5 years before becoming symptomatic. I wonder what they do in that case?

Anyway... here's hoping for gas (lmao)

Wish me luck guys... any thoughts/opinions appreciated

Amanda
    Gosh I hope not, if they regrow then I'd hate mine to.
    I have had this stomach pain also and was taken to hospital it started about 6 months after three surgeries, the first was in my stomach area for a rup. disk and the next week I had to have another in my back for the disk rupture below that one then a month later still wearing the brace I had pancreities and gallbladder surgery. The pain was almost unbearable and I didn't get to go to physical theap. for my back because of it. I couldn't wear my brace for 3 weeks because of the pain in my stomach from the last surgery. Anyway I started having the pain 6 months later and the hospital gave me some meds for it and it went away but it would come back about every two months and hurt like crazy and I would lose anywhere from 5 to 10 lbs. from not eating and I couldn't take my meds for the back pain either or my bloodpressure meds. My DO put me on Aciphex and worked so well, then when I went to get it refilled my insurance wouldn't pay for it and I had to go on Prilosec OCT for 3 months it worked at first but after about 5 months on it everyday it quit working and my stomach flared up again and the DO got the insurance to pay for most of the Aciphex it's very expensive but if it works it beats being sick for a week or more.
    Maybe ask your DO for a sample of this and see if it works for you.
    Kitty
  • I have went through 6 miscarriges five before my son and one after the first 5 I was only 3 and 4 months along and I was told by two DO that I couldn't carry a baby to term but I got preg. again and they thought it was a tube preg. and did surgery to see and my husband knew I was preg. before I did that time. I never allowed myself to think much about it until I was past 5 months, I had been hurt to many times but this time I was 2 weeks overdue with my son and he was a big healthy baby and I wanted more then one so I tried again and got preg. 4 months after my son was born but I got to 6 months and a little over and lost him, then a week later my Dad had a heart attack and we lost him and he was only 54. But I Thank God every day for the Son I have he's 24 now and the best.
    I morned for my baby and dad for so long and the pain does lessen over time. So God be with you. I know what your going through.
    Kitty
  • So very, very sorry to hear about what you are going through. I can't even imagine it. Please take good care of yourself.
  • Dear Amanda,
    I'm so sorry to learn about your loss. I've been away from the boards for awhile and have just recently found out. My thoughts are with you. You are young, beautiful, and have a wonderful spirit about you. Although nothing can ever take the place of this child that you have lost, you will eventually find peace and have a housefull if that is what you want. Yes, I do believe that sometimes it's just not meant to be.
    Thinking of you, O:)
    Topfuelfan
  • I'm so sorry you lost your baby. I also have 4 babies in heaven waiting for us, so I understand. Take good care and allow yourself to grieve. >:D<

Cheri
advertisement