Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Tarlov Cyst Diag. and Maybe It Has to Do With Having Thick Blood

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello, a newbie here at this forum, and wish to contribute comment regarding Tarlov Cyst having been recently diagnosed. I've found a group of people who have this diagnosis and are having a hard time functioning as I do. I had been degenerating downhill since 1987 when I experienced fever, abdominal pain, and some kind of soft moving lump sensation that moved rapidly up and down my spine. This event woke me up from sleep. Then I ended up in the category of chronic fatigue syndrome. I couldn't stay awake, and couldn't stop yawning, couldn't stop snoring, and horrible eye pain and double vision. I still deal with that. I've been getting blood work done by infectious disease physician, and have some common viruses (HSV) (I can't remember the other ones). Twenty years now, I told my neurologist, I'm getting so forgetful, feel like I'm getting really stupid, fearing I'm close to having a stroke, I lose my balance sometimes, and having some kind of bubble feeling in my spine. I was getting weak trying to keep posture in my spine, I purchased a back brace to help give me strength to hold up myself. My toes now move on their own, my hand will have a contracture and stiffen, and my legs will suffer charlie horse spasms. But here's something I think should be looked into. Thick blood, a disease called: polycythemia. It's genetic. I recall Tarlov cyst specialized neurosurgeons talk about excess cerebral spinal fluid build-up in this Tarlov cyst condition. I'm learning all I can, and what is also said about the CSF is about any blockage could cause a build-up. Thick blood would block it up, and I've been told more than once, my blood is too thick; they can never get blood out of me. This was also learned in my son as well. I'm seeing enough reports this condition can cause stroke, and their is stroke in my family. What I'm getting at is, I have Tarlov, got to get to the bottom of this thick blook condition, and once it's under control, so maybe then the CSF will not over flow. Now I understand why after an operation, I always felt more energy and better. It was the oxygen, because then later, I would return to having disability. Anyone with Tarlov also been told they have thick blood? Thank you for your review.
advertisement

Comments

• It seems that you are definitely doing your homework on your condition. I do not have this but have seen others post that they do have this so I am sure that someone will come along and give you info. Good luck to you and I look forward to seeing you around the forum.
  • http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/tarlov_cysts/tarlov_cysts.htm I noticed they're doing studies. I'm sorry you have this. . I hope you can find some relief soon. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you are so wise to be doing your homework about your condition and your loved ones as well. :? make yourself at home and get to know us better. good luck with your pain treatment plans. Jenny :)