Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

L1 / S1 Bilateral Laminectomy 6/10/2008 - Relapse of Symptoms & Pain

scooterlvttsscooterlvtt Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
My surgery went very well and I was on my way to recovery when last week I started having the same pain as I did before surgery. During surgery my Dr found that I had a fractured vertebrae @ L5 however does not want to operate until I loose some weight.

I had just come off of my pain pills and was feeling great and now I am back where I started. Pain & numbness in my legs and private area. My back just throbs most of the time. I stretch, use heat and ice to no avail. I have started taking pain and muscle relaxer medication again, which helps, but going to work in this condition isn't realistic.

I had a fusion in my neck @ C5/C6 in 10/03 which went well however my arms, neck, head & face are experiencing the numbness and pain I had prior to this surgery. My Dr / Surgeon has indicated that C6/C7 is in need of fusion as well as C4/C5.

Not sure where to turn or what to do.
advertisement