Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What am I to think!!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well, I'm going in tomarrow for an Ep Injection!! I've got mixed emotions about it. Everything from being scared :SS to joy :) . I have heard good things and bad things about this injection. The only thing I am hoping for that this will help me get back to normal so I can get back to work. I have also been going through PT for the past 2 wks and I still have 2 wks left of that. I think the PT is not helping much but its like taking a pain pill. It only helps for a short time and the pain comes back. They told me if the treatment they are trying doesn't work than they have another form of PT they are going to try. What am I to think!?!
Karla
advertisement

Comments

• with the shots, i got about 1 hour of relief and then 2 days of worse pain afterwards, not saying that you will experience the same but i hated them and after 3 of them refused to recieve more..good luck and best wishes
    Ethan
  • I've had some good ones (many years ago) and some really bad ones. but, you won't know til you try if they will work, and if they do... wow... you will be one happy camper. if it doesn't work, at least you can rule that out.
  • I've had some good ones (many years ago) and some really bad ones. but, you won't know til you try if they will work, and if they do... wow... you will be one happy camper. if it doesn't work, at least you can rule that out.
  • I have had 4 epidurals. I had sedation the first time and after seeing what it was like, decided I didn't need it for the other 3. For me I never felt immediate relief and I was sore the next day. After 3 or 4 days though, my pain went away completely. I hadn't felt that good in 20 years. Only problem was it didn't last. I got between 2-6 weeks relief from the first three, although when pain returned it was gradual. The last one was done differently and gave me no relief at all, when I needed it the most. So here I am post fusion :D Cali-Sue
  • I've had 2 epis the 2nd one was on Monday. I took extra pain med 1 hour before and also a sedative. I felt hardly any pain getting up just like a heaviness. Even for a short time having no pain made me feel myself again. My sciatica tingling is more than 50% gone. Hope fully it will last and even get better. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I had one epidural about 15 years ago. I got immediate relief and didn't start having pain again until about a year ago. They sedated me to the point of I didn't give a rip if they chopped my leg off! I was going to just get another one when I started having the problem again, but the surgeon said that with the Spondy, it would just be a bandaid on the problem. So I opted for surgery. Glad I did!
  • In the past I have had several EPI and facet joint injections. I didnt get any relief from them, but it could be because I have discogenic disk pain at many levels and he would only do 2 at a time. We just dont know.

My doctor does them in his office with a fluoroscope. No sedation, no pain meds, usually out the door within about 5 minutes and driving home by myself. All doctors are different though.

I guess you had this today. How did it go for your?

Shell
  • The first 3 got better with each one, the last 2 (about 2 years apart from the first 3) didn't do a thing for me, thats one of the reasons why I'm going with surgery.
advertisement