Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I am home. Surgery is a Yes. Angiogram next Fri 11/7 ughh

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi all,
I did not get admitted like I wanted to. They want to do a angiogram first. Not likeing that test at all.
Hopefully I will be well sedated. As I have a very low pain tolerance. The test will take a 1 1/2 or 2 hrs. They will put a catherter in my groin and inject the dye through there. That stays in throughout the whole test.
Then they hold pressure on it for 15min when pulled out. 6 hrs bedrest after. UGHHH :jawdrop: ~X( :sick: :sick:

But it will ok be ok in the end!!! ;) :D O:)

Surgery is a YES no matter what. We just do not have a exact date.

I have to take plavix for 5 days. Till the day of the test. The time is at 12:30 no food ugghh. Plus no pain meds , yeah ok thats what they think. :D

Then a follow up Nov 18th. Unless he needs to see me earlier due to the test results.

I would also like to hear from people that have had this test done before.

Thanks all for the private messages get wells etc.
They mean alot.
I will still need them of course. I will continue updates for everyone!!!

Lots of love and hugs
Terri xoxoxoxoxoxox

OH LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW #o ;) =)) 8} I)
advertisement

Comments

• >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< and more >:D<
  • I've been watching for you today. An angiogram is something that I do have experience with. Here is one piece of advice that I want you to listen to very carefully. Afterward when they say do NOT in any shape form or fashion lift your head off of the pillow please LISTEN TO THEM! I barely even lifted my head up ever so slightly and ended up with a 15 lb. bag of sand on my leg for the rest of the day. And oh did I ever tell you I only weigh 96 lbs. to begin with. :D
    I'm so glad you're home and almost there. Just a little while longer. Oh and the angiogram is probably one of the least painful procedures I had during my entire heart tests.
  • Terri,
    I'm sorry to hear that you have an upcoming test that you aren't particularly looking forward to :( I hope it will be a easy procedure for you and you'll be good as new after they getcha all fixed up!!! >:D< >:D<

Melissa
  • Terri..I don't have any experience with the test or the surgery, but wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and hoping this is the last struggle you have to face.
    Donna
  • You guys are great that is for sure.
    I have a positive attitude.

He said "you just had surgery last month?" I said yes. He goes" well your having another one" I said bring it on I want to walk LOL they chuckled.

I do not know what this weather we are having is doing to you all but MY GOD I have not been this uncomfortable since surgery ughhhhh.

All stay warm, ice/heat/meds REST..

Lots of love
    Terri
    xoxoxoxox
  • Hi Terri, I am sorry they didn't just check you in like you were hoping. I have taken care of patients after angiograms. Last I know they were using a plug to seal the artery where they punctured it. This way the patients can go home the same day. They used to have to spend the night.
    They often do lay a sandbag on the site to prevent bleeding.
    They will sedate you, and the procedure itself is not painful. They will be able to check all your vessels out much more thoroughly than the ultrasound. They obviously feel it is safe to wait. So keep your chin up and keep hanging out here with us and before you know it Wednesday will be here and over with. >:D< :* >:D< :* Sue
  • My husband had the angiogram and it really was not all that bad. They taped a board to his leg to make sure that he kept it straight but it really was not bad at all. Not painful. You have been through so much that this is all going to be a walk in the park for you! I just know that all will be well. make sure that you remember to show your husband how to post so that he can keep us updated if need be. Good luck!
  • I hope everything will go well for you next week. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Wow Cali Sue! Medicine has come such a long way. I wish I could have had a plug. I just got left with a hole I think. If I recall correctly I had to stay in the hospital like 3 days. But seriously Terri you don't want to have the sandbag on the leg thing happen. I don't know why but my nurses looked really upset with me for the rest of the day. /:) So just be careful and know that this is one of the easiest procedures you have had to go through. You've been through a lot lady! This one is going to be a breeze! I just hate that once again you play the waiting game and I am sure the staff was really surprised by your positive outlook but I'm not. I know you can get through this.
  • I am fairly new to SH but I have read all you entries and wanted to say you inspire me. I tend to get crazy with my pain and here you are still really positive with all you have been through and going through. My surgery seem like a walk in the park compared to what you have been dealin with you are in my in my prayers and I know everything will be okay with you. >:D< >:D< >:D< Lots of hugs to you.

Remona
  • I hae faith in you Terri! You've been through soooo much, I knwo this will be fine. I knwo people who have had this test done, and just do as they say afterwards! That's one of the most important steps for recovery!
    Sorry to hear about the surgery too! I kinda wish that they would re-do mine to ease this pain!
    What are they doing? The bypass or the fusion?? Sorry. I'm confused today!

hugs and kisses!
    Love ya girl!
    Kim
    >:D< >:D< :* :*
  • >:D< I was thinking of you this morning and wanted to let you know I am here for you!
    My 12 step sponsor just had an angi and one of my good friends who is a fellow chronic pain sufferer with a heart condition and also with vasculitis...anyway my sponsor had hers about 2 weeks ago and said it was really not to bad!!
    I hope they will find what they need to find and get you all fixed up as soon as they can!!

You know will will all go through Terrie withdrawl symptoms while you gone!..lol

>:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
    Your such a brave woman and your a great example to many here on the forum.

Chrissy
  • Terri...sorry they didn't just keep you and do the test while you were there. You've been through too much already! The angio--had a 75-yr. old friend that had it done a couple of weeks ago, and she absolutely had no problems. They do sedate you and keep you long enough to make sure the site is not bleeding. Then you go home and take it easy for a day or two. Not a painful procedure--your leg might hurt a little where they put the whateverit'scalled in. But that's it!

Thanks for keeping us posted on what's going on...you have a lot of friends here at SH. Keep on gettin' it girl!
  • What can I say that hasn't been said already?

Just make sure you make them laugh when you go in and you do as your told as well!

>:D<
  • Thanks all again. I will say it over and over again. Feeling pretty crappy pain wise. My whole body hurts and the fusion site well we won't go there. Of course there is not enough oxygen and blood getting to it so my belly is sore, the fusion is so uncomfy. My legs go totally numb. Spasms are wicked. Im so tire and cant sleep because of the pain. But oh well could be worse.

Yes I read more on other sites. They do keep you for about 5 hrs after. I will make sure IM TOTALLY SEDATATED and not know whats going on =)) <:P

KIM: hunny they are doing the angigram to see the extent of the damage to the veins/arteries. then after the results they will either just do stents in my legs to open up the blood flow or a bypass surgery through my stomach and stents in my legs.
    Don't worry for being confused. I'v mentioned that is why I am not fusing from the fusion. So easy to get mixed up sweetie.

And girl you tell hubby to CALL ME you can walk WHENEVER YOU WANT Your body needs it to heal and to get that blood going to that bone/fusion or its called a longer healing process. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Love you all very much. Hopeing for some sleep its now almost 2am!!! 8} 8} I) I) I) :sick: :sick: ;)
  • Hey there!!
    How are you today!!
    It is still early here where I live, but since you were up until 2 am, I surely hope you were able to get a few ZZZ"ZZZZ in.

I could not even begin to imagine how tired tou entire body must feel.
    When your not getting enough cirrculation that alon in and of its sefl is very tiring...but to add in all the stuf you body is trying to hela on top of it....well what a job!

I must say that I think about how you are evyday that passes! I may not always post, but I am thinking of you and also realizing that if you can hold your head up high and walk through all of this gracefully then I too can work on doing the same! It is tough, but your spirt soars so high and lights up this board!

Someday we will get to chat hopefully after your test is done.

Hag in there girl Lotsa >:D< >:D< >:D<
    :) O:) Alwayss thinking of you!
    Chrissy
  • You cannot even imagine what it feels like.

Its almost the same as when my kidney stopped functioning. Your so worn out just even taking a shower. Which I NEED TO DO STINKKKYYYYY GIRL =))

Just even going up the stairs where I spend most of my time UGHHHHHH. Your legs cramp so bad you want to rip them off.
    Now from not walking BOTH SI joints are acting up.

I just want the test over. They are equipped there at the center to stent right away if nessacery. But not the bypass part.
    I do not want to wait till NOV 18th. When they set up my next appt . BUT then again I have no discoloration in my legs. Which is good.
    I guess a friend of ours had one done a few weeks ago just stents. But here feet/toes were blue. Mine are not.
    So a plus on my side.

I did want a enjoyable Thanksgiving but I really do not think that is going to happen.
    My appitite is nill.
    So used to the tradition of Black Friday shopping. Thats not happening. I will get better deals ont he ocmputer anyway. LOL
    Its still the point of being out.
    I remember how bad it hurt last yr walking the malls that day I was so medicated and worn out. BUT WORTH IT totally.

Anway enough rambling.
    Going to try to eat dinner its 6:30pm. SHOWER so I do not stink everyone out of the house. LOL and watch my Thursday night line up . Ugly Betty, Greys Anatomy and E.R.!!!! :D :D :D

Thank you all for being there for me. I TOTALLY APPRECIATE my cheering section!!

LOVE YA ALL
    Terri O:) O:) O:) :X :X :X
  • Do you meditate at all. They may let you take a CD in with you with headphones so you can meditate.
    Or even imagine when they insert the catheter that they are inserting healing energy that is going to flow through all your veins and your heart :X

When I have an MRI and theat awful noise pumps through I imagine it as healing energy being pumped into me and it does help. I also imagine the tube to be a crystal healing table full of love.

I am going away for a week so wont be around (no laptop) so I wish you well for this and your further surgery. Just imagine how much better you will be when that healing energy is going to be able to flow through your entire blood stream and not get stuck :))(

Blessings Sara O:)
  • It does throw a wrench in the holidays, but how dull to be traditional, right??
    Sending warm thoughts your way from currently not-so-sunny California
    >:D< >:D< >:D<
    --Melissa
  • Thank you so much Sara and Melissa >:D< >:D< >:D<

They just called this AM Fri the 31st and changed it to Fri 11/7 at 9am WHOO HOOOO much better then 12:30 and hub can be home with me all day Saturday. Not that I wanted to wait BUT it all works out better. NOw they can start IV fluids at like 7:30am instead of so much LATERRRRRR. As I am a caffine drinker and get major migranes plus no food I get MEAN X( X( X( X( =))

I am in good spirits. I of course get that cry out once in awhile like tonight for about 5 minutes.
    I am not the most organized person to begin with. 8}
    But when it comes to having things ready for the next day I am. So I get aggravated when ppl do not get clothes out etc.
    I know weird. But it makes things so much easier.
    Of course why should I worry as hub lets me sleep in anyway and gets everyone off. I feel horrible about it as he has done it for years. BUT I of course do not know what it feels like to be normal LOL He does so this stuff does not bother him :D

I think I will take my daughters Ipod in if the let me.
    Oh I will be plenty sedated they are getting forwarned before they even touch me. As you have to be still like I mentioned and I cannot due to the pain and spasms from surgery. So hopefully it will be like my ESI and I do not remember anything. Once the intial numbing shot is put in my groin which will be the worst part I think it will be ok. Just longggggggggggggggggg. Then they will have me rest for about 5 hrs after there. So thats good. Bringing my pillow and blanky for the truck. hope I can get up in it. Asking them to use my right leg as I sleep on my left only. My right hurts to much to do so.
    Anywho Im rambling who wouldn't be though at my age, this is so rare.
    I was not even going to eat a donut a little while ago. Im like nope don't need that stuff. Finally I said oh heck I'm already clogged give me the dang donut =)) =)) =)) =)) Made me feel better.
    Of course I am a bit zoned right now from meds so forgive my going on and onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. But I know you all love my talking image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" /> image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" /> image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" />

Sara you have a wonderful week hunny. You deserve a away time hunny.

Melissa your right I have to break tradition. <:P The computer will like my debit card as much as the mall. Just won't get those FREE little gifts or extra special deals when you walk through the door. OR JUST MABYE I will end up making it out hmmm who knows right :O) :O)

And OH OH getting blood work Sat morning and going to the rental place to pick out a new living room set YEAH BABY. So that I can be comfortable when I am down here :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Thought you would all want to know :H =))

Ok enough or I will just write a book like always.
    You guys are all a blessing in disquise. I am here for any of you anytime you need me!!!!

Lots of love
    Terri :X :X :X O:)

• I can tell you from personal experience that looking at new furniture during recovery makes it kinda worth it. I wouldn't give anything for my new furniture as it has helped me emotionally and physically get better. I bought a red couch and loveseat and a new recliner. All very helpful just to look at and lay allllll over. :)
advertisement