Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Really bad pain day! 9-3-08 2 lvl. ACDF Long ride in car yeserday

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hey everyone!!

I was looking around and trying to figure out where to put this post!
I fugured here because mostly I post in this one.

I had my 2 lvl ACDF C-4-6 on 9-3-08

My surgeon gave me my driving privelages back a few weeks ago, but I have not been doing so that much because of the pain it causes.

Anyway, my Father has been asking me to come visit. It is a bit hard for him to come up to vist me because he raises horses and trying to get someone to do everything is ver costly.

So I decided that when my Mom did the drive up to my place that she could just bring me down to there house for a few days!

The drive in the car is about 2 hours and 45 min over a mountain road!

I wore my hard neck collar and made sure to have the medications schedule coinside with our leaving time! I had pillows and the whole nine yards. We stopped about 3-4 times I do't remember so I could get out and walk for 5-10 mins each time.

I felt some what poorly last evening and fell asleep on the couch. My Mom woke me about 9 pm and I went to my bedroom where I had put all my stuff I use at home on my bed such as the wede pillow and other home pillows and bedding I normaly use.

When I woke this mornig it took me 20 minutes to actually got out of the bed! The buring pain in my neck and over the scapular area on the left side of my back.

I also have this very weird agonising burning in my right arm sort of around the bicep area. I have not had this burning before so that is odd.

On this ride to my parents I also found out they will be having Thanksgiving dinner at my Sisters home which is another 1 hour and 45 minutes from my parents! I was really upset because the route to get there is a rode that I am UNABLE to be on with my neck in this condition.

When sitting in a car on that drive it is as if your in a rocking boat going over bump after bump after bump....

last year there was a huge family argument because I asked if the diner could be moved to my mothers house so I culd attend and they all said NO.

I actually tried this drvie before my ACDF and I was in totall agony and told them I would not return there untill my neck was able to handle that route to my sister's place. There is a different way to get there but it is like a 2 1/2 hour drive from my parents which is almost as bad as the other one.

So I am pretty bummed today ...not only by thepain from the ride in the car yesterday, but to know that once again because of my physical disabilities I will miss out visiting my family!
I am the only one in my family that has not seen the newest member who will be 1 yrs old soon...my nephew.

Ok...I am done spewing it out and if the mods read this and think it needs moved please do so and let me know where it is.
Feeling a bit sad and depressed this morning!
Chrissy
advertisement