Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Update on what my neuro thinks, results etc ..

ButterflyPainBButterflyPain Posts: 290
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I saw my neurologist today. He said my test read basically that I have two Ruptured disc, and osteoarthritis , plus I guess still impingement. He basically went by the xray, instead of the MRI, although he agreed about the MRI result of some stenosis, but not really about my herniations being more than two disc or whatever.

I told him about my dad and how he doesn't believe I have a ruptured disc etc. The doctor was like did you show him the results? I'm like yeah, but when you told him there was nothing wrong, he thinks there is nothing wrong. The doctor was like "Well I said your brain was fine, but your neck is not normal. Does he think I'm a liar and gave you someone else's results and put your name on it?" Then he was just like "Well your dad is full of poo. " lol And that my dad should give me the best care and understand my limitations and just be at peace with that.

He was going to give me a shot, but I opted not to as my mom isn't comfortable with me getting them, and my dad probably wouldn't want to pay it.

He did add on Mobic 7.5mg , said I could take excedrin and if I really need to tylenol with codiene, but that sounds like a lot of stuff so I don't know...I'll try the mobic again, but it never really worked last time.

He said that he will order Physical Therapy for me again, because he needs to correct how tight my neck is and the weak/pain in my hand and wrist from it.
He also finally said the pain does go up into the ear, eye, and head. So that finally confirms that.

The only thing that bothers me about him is that he is always in a rush and I always seem to forget a few things to ask, and then he goes off on life and where I'm at in it so that waste time I could have used telling him my current symptoms.

Anyhow I see him the first week of Dec again. So till next time lol

Oh and he wants me to keep moving all the time even to do little things around the house, but it is hard cause there is nothing around the house besides work to do and Im often tired from meds and fatigue .

advertisement

Comments

• He thinks my neck problems are a result of a car accident I was in 10 years ago. Why it is bugging me now, guess I must have jarred it somehow and it was the last straw for it.
  • Sounds like you have a excellent Dr!!!!! So that is a huge plus on your side. O:) O:)

Ya know even at 41 there would be times when I started having issues with my neck back in 02 that my parents were not to keen on things either. Plus ya know with the DX of firbro and osteoarthritis. They are like try this, try that. As in natural remedies etc. Or they were worried that I was on the deep end with pain meds. ~X( ~X(

Yes you still get lectured married 21 yrs down the road and 3 kids =)) =))

Well it took a while. Here is a quick story I told her the other day in the car on the way to to the drs.
    I was talking about hubbys side of the family. How rumors were flying like wildfire and have been for awhile. They were comparring me to a x wife of a cousin. She was a drug abuser. Not one medical issues was wrong with her. She went from dr to dr. Hospital to hospital and even sent her KIDS TO THE E.R.!!! OMG ~X( ~X( ~X( Well HELLO PEOPLE wake up and smell the coffee. I am not that person. Never will be ,never have been. I'v been cut open more then a pig on a roaster!!! I told here they can all go &&&&&&&&& them self and she said YOUR RIGHT!!!!! WHEW finally. #:S #:S
    Now after my latest finding which is scary for anyone she has become like my latest support and health advocate.
    What a huge turn around. :D

Ok enough of me LOL
    How old are you?? You probably said it in many posts hun, but I read so much and babble on in postings I cannot keep you guys straight, let alone myself :$ =)) =)) =))

Your problems are real!!! You have a dr. backing you up.
    Gheesh have the doc send your Dad a letter :D :D :D Explaining your condition. Sometimes parents do not like to see their kids suffer and are in denial hun. I'm a parent so I know.
    My daughter who is 21 has been on the same path as pain as myself and it is so hard to except. I see it in my youngest to.

Anyways try the new med combo. Mobic is a antiimflamatori. Your right it works for some, But mabye not for you.
    With the lexapro, cymbalta klonopin that may be wiping you out as in being tired. (since lexapro and cymbalta are both anti depressents). Klonopin is a relaxer to. So mabye taking all 3 everyday is just making you zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
    I still have a hard time with my valium and soma sometimes as getting zoned and tired. I just want to sleep. I'v been on those forever. I tend to try not to take them only when needed.
    Mabye discuss cutting that down a bit to see what happens.
    Worth a shot if your willing hunny. I certainly am not a medical professional in giving you these statement, just my personal experience with those meds in my body... ;)

Ok enough of taking up the page again like I always do.
    We are here to support you through the good and the bad.
    Talk away, ask away.
    Next drs appt write down your questions when you think of them during the day.And make sure to bring it with you. That way you do not forget.
    This happened to me Tues. The vascular surgeon is so busy it was a in out WHAM 3 min appt. And I forgot a thing or two.

You hang in there. We believe you and so does your DR!!!
    Lots of love and hugs
    Terri >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • I'm sorry your dad doesn't seem to be a little more supportive of what you're going through. And I just want to second what Terri said about writing things down. Definitely make a list of questions or write down anything you feel like you need to bring up at your next appointment and take it with you. I have to or I'd forget as well. I wish you luck with PT. :)))
  • Glad you got some feedback!

Are your legs still having pains? How are your muscle spasms/twitches? Will the PT or meds help w these issues or just neck tightness ?

advertisement