Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The good, the bad, and the maybe

downinmyheartddowninmyheart Posts: 497
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery

The good:
I am getting married!!! :X

My boyfriend of 5 years and I went the the register of deeds this morning to fill out our marraige license. We should be married in the next two weeks. We decided now is the time. Why not? <:P

The bad:
My surgery is scheduled for November 21st. Now, it is my turn to be nervous. (this is not really bad news, but I know it is going to be a struggle)

The maybe:
I told my employer about being out for possibly three months and they are going to try and accomodate me financially and hold my job open. Will see...

One Love,

Stephanie
advertisement

Comments

• Congrats!!!!

Heres to many happy years ahead and a successful surgery, enjoy life for now the job will work itself out.
  • (congratulations)

▸ noun: an expression of approval and commendation!

I had to look the word up because I couldn't remember how to spell it :))(

I'm sure that you're nervous(somewhat)about the upcoming surgery,but life will get better and less painful for you in time and you and your new husband will have a lifetime together to grow and heal and learn from so much.I think starting out that way,with him being there and having that support is such a gift~it's as if he's saying hey we can do this....or....

All the best to you both :)))
  • You are right, I am so very blessed to have him in my life. I know that no matter what he has been and will be there to offer support. He is my best friend.

One Love,

Stephanie
  • I do need a reminder to control the things I can, and not worry about the rest. I appreciate it!

One Love,

Stephanie
  • Now that is love. He obviously loves you bunches! I wish you both a lifetime of happiness and I will pray that all goes well with your surgery. It sounds like your job is going to be accomodating so please don't worry about that. You have somebody who loves you and will hold your hand through it all. Again Congratulations to you two!
    =D> =D> =D>
  • Depending on your perspective. The sooner you have surgery, the sooner you can start to heal. And your job - just my own personal belief, I think these things have a way of working themselves out; i.e. I try to only worry about what is in my control, and need to let go of what is not in my control.

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage and wonderful to have that love and support in your life. :X
    --Melissa
  • CONGRATULATIONS GIRLY GIRL!!!! <:P <:P <:P <:P <:P <:P

Im so very happy for you both :X :X :X

Work should be fine. It actually sounds like you have the perfect job that you would be able to do things at home on the comp while out. HMMMMMM

I have friend that does that. When she does not get it all done during the day. She brings her files home with her
    So mabye they could set you up at home so your still in the loop with things.

Anyways have a AWESOME wedding day!! ;)
    Love ya lots
    Terri
    xoxoxoxoxox

• I am excited about all of it. Well, and a little anxious about all of it too! My younger sister is moving in with us as well (she lived here before for about 6 months) so that we can help her and she can help us. That little bit of rent money, and having someone here on an alternate schedule is going to be a plus. November is going to be a busy month!!! 8}
  • That is wonderful that you are getting married!! He sounds like an amazing guy! Also, the wedding will give you something positive to focus on instead of the surgery. The month will just fly for you.
  • They say it all happens at once!

Good luck!
  • Doesn't it! My head is spinning. 8}
advertisement