Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

god im so stupid!!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
yep thats me! the fricken retard, i thought cause i was feeling pretty decent that id help my wife out and take the clean laundry basket upstairs for her cause ive been pretty sick of watching her do EVERYTHING! Now im in so much pain i can hardly stand it and now my wifes pissed off at me cause i did that! yeah stupid choice by me now i really hope i didnt do any damage!
advertisement

Comments

• Ethan, don't be too hard on yourself - as Paul said we have ALL done that! Just remember not to do it again, but you probably will, I know I did! We have a good day, think everything is going well, then overdo it and boy we pay for it the next day. Fortunately most times its just muscular and lasts a day or so only.

Keep positive!

Bruce

...an old timer here and ex-moderator

• thats funny paul. shed like that one but im sure she has a few why men are so stupid jokes of her own. I am lucky my wife not only has helped me with this surgery but stood by through my deployments was my rock in unstable times took care of me when i had flashbacks and ptsd flare-ups. all this while being a mother, a cop, and finding time to go to school for RN as well, shes probably the strongest person i know and im in a unit full of army rangers...lol
  • Yikes!!
    I was thinking of doing a load of laundry but maybe now I'll wait a little longer.
  • Awwww, no you are not stupid. We've all done it. Heck, I fell in the toilet at 4 weeks post op. You're held together pretty well. Your muscles, however, are going to let you know that they are freshly sliced and diced. So, expect some muscular grief for a few days....take your meds, walk a bit~relax a bit~walk a bit and it will be over in a few days. God bless our spoused and significant others for hanging in there with us!!
  • now ya know what i am going to say ya dumb dumb =)) =)) =)) =))
    only cause i like to bust on ya.
    sorry your suffering.
    i do the same thing all the time. even while hubby left tonight for the store i folded clothes and in my condition well it takes alot of out of ya. so yeah i got yelled at to :''(

just rest tomorrow bud, the pain will ease up with laying around/ice and meds.

try to be comfy tonight
    terri ;)
  • From your thread about being bored, I knew you would do it. I know i will do the same thing. Take it easy.
  • Yeah, we all over-do it at times. Most of us however, never had to deal with the injury in a war zone. THANK YOU for your service. If it were not for men and women like yourself I wouldn't be writing this now--or at least I'd be writing it in German.

Thank you again, you are in my prayers.

• i think that most men would love the post op healing process considering the mans dream is ------ > a couch glued to his back and a remote control to the TV strapped to his hand. :))(

i actually removed the batteries from the remote one day and hid the extras. my boyfriend (live in baby sitter i call him now) literally went to the dollar store to get more right that second.

i replaced the batteries when he was out and told him he must have been pressing the buttons wrong.

ps i love watching my live in babysitter do it all. i think he likes that he is helping. i might wear this neck brace until february to continue the free house keeping service. not to mention all the extra help u get when shopping. maybe i will wear it to the grocery store ongoing.
  • Damn laundry. I am guilty of doing the same thing, but for some reason it never really bothered me. I have to do a LOT for things to bother me. And I've been pushing that envelope wayyy too often lately. Lol.

So I feel ya ;)

Don't feel too bad. We def all do it at times.
  • just an update! i rested all day and night not much sleep but didnt get up unless i HAD to. I feel a little bit better today still really sore but none of the stabbing anymore thank god. LESSON LEARNED! as my wife told me last night she hates having to do everything too, BUT would much rather do it now with me taking it easy vs. me re-injuring myself and her having to do everything longer...actually makes a lot of sense..huh imagine that..lol
    and paul i got one for ya ....whys there a clock on the stove? so your wife knows what time it is..lol sorry in all honesty i cook in our family..but thought that was funny...hey seriously guys thanks for everyone being here with the support and help. i dont know what id do without this site!
advertisement