Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

And so it begins....new symptoms, new worries

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Chronic Pain
I have posted in the new members introductions a couple of times. Bad back from neck to tailbone, fractures, DDD, bulges, hemangiomas, EXCRUCIATING headaches, constant pain, etc. Read in full detail in my other posts. Anyway, lately I have been having some tremors in my hands, controllable but noticable. Sunday I had a bad headache 3rd in a week, and was having some tremors. I was feeling kind of weird (nothing scary), my son done something funny and I found that I could not smile. I would try to but all that would happen was and uncontrollable spasm in my cheeks. Since then I have been getting more tremors, at times it feels like my hand is going to automatically just swing and back hand someone, and I do this weird posturing like I am cringing at something gross.

Today I went to get my pain meds refilled and found that my doc decided not to fill them anymore. (she hadn't rec'd any reports from the ortho or neuro) I was so upset, anyway I went to sign the little electronic signature thing like UPS has, and couldn't hardly sign my name. It looked like I had my 2 year old try signing it for me. I was in tears by the time I left. My husband ran into my doc at the store and asked her what was up with the pain meds etc. That's when we found out that no one was giving her reports so she thought I was seeing another doctor. When my husband explained to her what was going on and that my appt for the neurologist had been changed from 11/21/08 to tomorrow, she said that no matter what happened with the neurologist, I would be getting a brain scan and that he (hubby) should have taken me to the ER for possible mini strokes.

It just keeps adding up to more and more. I am so glad I don't have to wait a month to see the neurologist. Wish me luck and say a little prayer that she will be thorough and figure out what is going on.
advertisement

Comments

• Im so sorry your going through all of that.
    That stinks just because she was not getting reports. Is she your regular personal care dr???

Yes something sounds not right at all. I did not get to go read your other posts etc.

Hopefully it will all get figured out very very soon. NOt something I would want to fool with at all.

If it gets anyworse hun before the DR. I know a pain and especially with halloween tomorrow there busiest time. Just go.
    Your dr could be right in mini strokes or it could be nerves getting pinched.
    Just personal experience from mini strokes alot of people cannot even talk for a little while. This I noticed in alot of older folks.
    But of course then you can have ones and will not even know.
    I hope for your sake its not that.

I hope all your testing goes well and the problem is solved sweetie. I feel your pain! Thank goodness they changed the date. Do not get frustrated if the brain MRI shows nothing. Be your own health advocate and demand more testing and answers.
    I'v had to do that recently.

Terri O:) O:) O:) O:) O:) O:) O:) O:) O:)
  • Your doc is right, you probably should have gone to ER. But I know how it is when we have so many issues you hate to run to ER for everything. I am so glad that you are seeing a neuro tomorrow. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please do keep us posted on how it goes.
  • I sure hope that things get better and that your Drs find out what is wrong so that they can fix the problem.That's terrible too with the pain medication and the mix up with your Dr. I wonder what happened there???

Sounds like someone dropped the ball.It's good that your husband ran into your Dr and spoke up on your behalf,that should clear that up :)

Prayers and well wishes are sent your way.
  • :) hi! :H i have had my husband step in for me more than once and gotten more done than i ever could. :W i don't know how to explain this! perhaps it is the man to man conversation or maybe i don't make alot of sense being on medications. whatever it is, when i have problems with my pm, i stick my husband on the phone and more often than not there is a congenial solution. this is always a good reason why my husband goes into my pm appointments with me. i want him as informed as i am, if not more!! Jenny :)
  • if someone goes to the ER because they are in unbearable pain, do they do diagnostic tests? i am at my wits end as i cannot find a doctor who is willing to treat me, even if i tell him i don't want meds. i guess they see the amt. i am on and just throw me in the undesirable patient trashcan. i'm on 80 mg. oxycontin 3 times a day. i haven't had breakthrough meds in 2 months now, as my gp cannot prescribe. i've been turned away for various reasons by 6 pain mgt. doctors.

i just want some help. i don't want to wait at the ER and just have them give me enough meds for 2 weeks. i want tests done. i just moved into a new area and there is a scare suddenly with pain mgt. doctors, or so one told me.

just wondering about ERs.... i want x-rays, mri of sacral and hip, and the pain mgt. doctors will not prescribe. they don't want me as a patient and it's the easiest way out i guess. i've been told 3 times that my case is too complicated.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.