Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Muscle spasms

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
For those with c spine compression/distortion of cord.....do you ever get painful muscle cramps in your thigh/s? Just wondering if this could be related..I have a host of odd things going on and wonder if its from my neck or something else.
advertisement

Comments

• I have DDD and some cervical problems. But I have herniated lumber spine and get cramps in the back of the legs. Did they do a MRI thoraci-Lumber sacral? Hope you find some relief. I find heat is very soothing for muscle cramps. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Thanks for your response. I had a full MRI (brain and spine) I have slight ddd mid lumbar and c4/5 stenosis that is pressing on my spinal cord. I see a NS in a couple wks to determine if my odd body sensations are from this or something else. I have had muscle twitching all over my body, and random pains in hands, feet and tingling/vibrating in these areas too. Now I notice muscle cramping in my thigh. Hope its from this and not from something more serious like MS--these sensations are why I went to get the MRI in the fist place. Odd thing is no neck pain!

• because jsut these last few days I have had similar in my grion - thigh. Almost cramp but not quite.

I do know that all the muscles are clever little things and can spasm like dominoes.

Before my PLIF, I would suffer badly from neck cramps (tortilcolitis ??spelling)
    and chest pain - so bad I was winded. All linked to spasm in my lumbar spine.

I am still in awe at how clever our bodies are, albeit annoying when they are in pain.

I SO relate to the vibarting - I feel like i have buzzing in my back. Can drive me mad. :O
    Bumble bee deep in my skin....
  • Interesting! My foot vibrates which is odd and my muscles twitch everywhere. I dont thikn it could be my c spine compression causing widespread issues though
advertisement