Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Met with Neurologist (long note)

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Chronic Pain
I am not sure what to think. I met with the neuro today. I did not get any answers "yet"! Mon. afternoon will go in for a MRI w/contrast of the brain, she also ordered a needle EMG- 4 extremity- WWO paraspinal(whatever that means) and a nerve conduction test, as well as a lot of blood work...CBC & platelets(auto), comprehensive metabolic panel, DHEA-S, TSH, Lipid Panel, Vitamin B-12 & D, folic acid serum, ESR-F, & ANA. I am terrified of needles so I don't like the sounds of the EMG or nerve conduction. Oddly enough though, I don't mind having my blood drawn.

She had her nurse check my eyes, and then she triple checked my eyes, better than anyone else I have went to and asked when was the last time I had my eyes checked and if I had a lot of things in my visual field. I do of course. She said that once I have all of the tests done to come back and see her the end of next month and we would go from there. I asked her if there was anything special I should do and she told me to just be careful. I could feel somethings better on one side than the other in my arms and then it would be the opposite in my legs. When she had me hold my arms straight out and close my eyes, my right hand would shake uncontrollably. She said that some of what is going on appears to be carpal tunnel syndrome but definately not all of it and she just isn't sure what it is until the tests are done.

My husband said that he felt from what she was asking and stating that the problem is a much deeper one. I was just kind of going through the motions because I was upset. We were there for 2 hours before I was seen because she was more than an hour late and then put the person whose appt. was after mine before me because I was having a hard time writing. That was the hardest. I have always been proud of my handwriting but today I think that a 5 year old could've wrote better. So I am still waiting, at least she didn't treat me like the other docs, except for the being late, etc. Time will tell I guess.
advertisement

Comments

• It looks like the DR. is very thorough. I hope they find out what's going on soon. It's easier when you have a diagnosis, so that treatment can be available for you. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
This discussion has been closed.