Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

anyone get throbing pain in the lower back with sciatica

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Chronic Pain
=; hello everyone,
i am a 5 year chronic pain sufferer like the rest of us. cervical, lumbar and shoulder. i get sciatica alot but usually is for a few hours on and off a day ue to herniation. i always use heat and im fine. well the last few days the heat is causing a throbing pain actually feel my heartbeat in my spine. very painful. comes and goes, not usual pain for me a new symptom, i get the typical aching deap pain, numbness and shooting pains down the leg but this is different. anyone have any idea what this could be? and bhow i can relieve this annoying new symptom. i had a happy night trick or treating with my 2 year old but just a few blocks of walking and helping him up and down stairs wow is my entire back and neck in a spasm. see orthopedic surgeon monday, but need immediate help wih pain for the throb, does sciatica cause throbbing pain? thanks in advance for any help with this pain, and bby the way pain medicine isnt working at all for this type of new symptom.

thanks dawn

happy holloween
advertisement

Comments

• I also went out trick or treating with my two boys 5 and 3 and I can now as you said feel my heart beat from mid back down I'm kinda used to this I feel this way every night when I go to bed wether I have a "good" day or a "bad" day its always the same and I'm sorry to tell ya I have not a clue how to get rid of it I just take a sleeping pill and drift away . If you hear something that fixes this pm me please because it sux.
  • I get this sometimes as well. It might help to lay on your stomach with a pillow under your hips and let just your feet and maybe a little of your shins hang off the bed. This opens up the nerve roots. If you feel pain in your back, adjust until you get comfy, maybe add an extra pillow... This won't fix anything but it might help for the time being until you see your doc... Good luck!!!

-Lisa

• Went out tonight w/ my friends family, I am at that point myself.It really hurts right now and tomorrow is going to be a doozy.It seems to be spasms w/ nerves, my meds are not cutting it one bit.
This discussion has been closed.