Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Please Keep Lucy in your thoughts

J.J.GreyJJ.J.Grey Posts: 2,962
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Matters of the Heart
She is my African Grey Parrot that I love like a child and she is extremely ill right now. If she makes it until the morning I will be going out of town with her to her vet. I will post when I can but please keep us in your thoughts. Thank you.
advertisement

Comments

• I will say a prayer for Lucy,i hope she gets better....
  • Sorry to hear about your parrot. Good luck and good health on her!!
  • O:) O:) O:) O:)
    >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • :) time spent with Lucy is more important than ever. <:P you will do what is best for her and be strong for yourself. there will be plenty of time to look back and gather all thoughts of your Lucy. >:D< all the best with what roads you both must travel soon. Jenny :)
  • I hope that Lucy is doing better soon. African grays are gorgeous! Do you have a good vet who specializes in exotic animals?

Keep us posted,

"C"
  • The most precious girl in the world to me passed away this morning. I do not know if my heart will ever be able to heal but I do know that my life will never be the same. She was 10 years old in January. we had a very good vet that specializes in birds and exotics. Their average life span is 45-65 years old. She was a rescue bird and in the first year of her life her leg was broken and surgery botched. She was on Tramadol for pain and we are pretty sure that it was what ended her life. Thank you all for your kind words.
  • Sorry to hear about Lucy,i will say a prayer for you and her....
  • For your loss,and the pain that you are feeling.
  • So sorry for your loss. Lucy will live on in your heart.--Mazy
  • I am so sorry about Lucy. Losing a pet is never easy.
  • I have not been able to function and therefore have not been here. Most people may not understand this but she really was more than a pet to me. I could actually have conversations with her and she could and would tell me what she wanted or needed. I have really lost a very dear family member and am having a very difficult time coping. Thank you so very much for your thoughts and understanding. It really has meant alot to me. I will be back online as soon as I am able to pull myself together.
  • I still have dreams of my cat I lost her and she was only 9 years old. I even tried cpr to bring her back. All my dreams I have of her she is happy where she is. I'm sure your parrot wouldn't want you to be so sad. Keep your health up okay? Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I HAD NO IDEA I SEEN YOUR POST BUT THOUGHT IT WAS RECENT, I FEEL SO BAD FOR YOU. I HAVE AN AFRICAN GRAY ALSO. I HOPE I DIDNT UPSET YOU ASKING HOW SHE WAS TODAY, I DIDNT REALIZE THE DATE OF THE POST. IM SO SO SORRY.

DAWN
    PARROT LOVER MYSELF OWNED MANY AND STILL THE AFRICAN GRAY 5 YEARS OLD
  • IF YOU ARE INTERESTED I KNOW ANOTHER BIRD CAN NOT REPLACE YOUR DEAR LUCY, BUT I DO NOT HAVE THE TIME FOR MY PRECIOUS GREY WHO CANT SEEM TO SHUT UP MONST OF THE TIME...LOL but seriously i seen your post and i am so afraid to part with smokey because i couldnt find the right person. but i think i just did. smokey can be all yours because i know you would take good care of him/her not sure? i love smokey like a child but have a 2yr old and as you know african greys and all parrots are 2 yr old too! i feel bad i dont have the time and patience like i use too due to my pain and now my son in his terrible two's. and i know you would keep me updated on how the grey would be doing as i see here with you caring so much for yours. poor thing.

sincerely,
    dAWN
    dawn
  • for your loss, Iam a big time animal lover( have a small farm) and I know that an animal to some of us are just like our own child. I know no words can ever take away the pain . Just know that your feelings are totally understood and talk to us when your ready...
    My thoughts and prayers are with you,
    Jeanette =((
  • and know what you are trying to explain.I also know how rare it is when a person can connect with animals so closely.

It's a gift O:)
  • So very much for all of your care and concern. What is really making it even more difficult is that I have another parrot that has been calling and looking for her. You are right, Robin there are not many people out there like myself that can connect and love animals the way that I do. Sometimes I think it is a curse. I also feed lots of wildlife and wild birds and it really floors me when something happens to any of them.
  • ......but I thought you would think that..(about the curse thing),when I posted that I thought 'she's going to feel like it's a curse right now'.Weird,but true.

That part will pass soon.You are grieving,but the connection you have will help you heal.Gifts feel like a curse only during the hardest of times..

• Painintheback,
    Aww, I'm so sorry. We just had to put one of our horses down a couple of weeks ago. It hurt so much. My husband doesn't understand as to him she was livestock. Not to me. I think it always will hurt and the only thing that helps is time, only because over time you stop thinking about it as much. I just keep telling myself that's the way things go with pets. Most of them don't live as long as we do and the only way to avoid the pain of losing them is not to have them at all. Well, that is not an option for me because I am an animal lover.

Take care my friend. Allow yourself to grieve. You will get through this in time.
    Teri
  • I do that sometimes too and then when it comes true it really is weird. I am so glad to have all of the support and understanding that I have here. I really do appreciate you guys.
  • Yes, the amazons are also good pets. African Greys are the most intelligent. The fact that she could tell me how much she loved me really made her seem so much more human than an ordinary pet. Thanks again.
  • I hope you're bird is okay. How old is he? And how long is their lifespan? I hope he lives for quality of life and has no pain. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I am so sorry to hear about the passing of Lucy. What I find so wild (pardon the pun, please) is that you had a pet that you could communicate with! That is so awesome. Having cats and dogs, you know - they show unconditional love to you no matter what (well, you know how stand-off-ish cats can be.... but still, they love us!), but to have one ACTUALLY TELL YOU "I LOVE YOU". That's awesome!

I can only imagine how you must be feeling these days, and my heart goes out to you. I know Lucy is up in Heaven right now telling the other animals what a great "pet" you were. I'm sure she is missing you just as much.

My thoughts are with you.

Jeaux
  • hi painintheback, i am sadden to hear of your lost of lucy and my heart felt best wishes go out to you. i will pray for your lucy and also for you.
advertisement