Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

had the trigger point injections

cla_guaccla_gua Posts: 186
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I had the trigger point injections done yesterday. I woke up with the left side of my neck really tight. I hope this loosens my muscles. I iced and took ibeprofen all night last night.

Of course my Dr said that most of the muscle spasms where self induced. He said that I am so stressed out even obsesses about my neck that I am causing them. I was just waiting for him so say something like that.

Well time will tell.

Clarissa

large bulge/2mm protrusion at c5-6, minimal bulges at c6-7 and c7-t1
advertisement

Comments

• I've had 6 weeks in a row trigger point inj. and also with my past epis. I must say my back is feeling alot better. I hope you get some relief. I'm not sure if the muscle spasms are self induced, not intentionally anyway. We tense up because of referred pain from the bulge or herniation. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I am going back in 4 weeks. I really hope this works. How and when do you become a surgical canidate? If you can't work, walk, or sit down how aren't you a surgical canidate? I just don't understand this at all. I hope you get better.

Clarissa
  • It's been 9 months I've been off work in pain. I go for 2nd ortho referral in late January. I feel my Dr. really didn't have the connections to send me anywhere. My referral was faxed to a closed clinic and sat there 2 months now my appt. is in January. If surgery is offered I'm going for it if these injections don't work. I hear an anular tear can heal within 18 months, I have 24 months before I lose my job. Maybe I'll wait. How long have you had your pain? Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I have had pain muscle mostly since July 23, 2007. The injections seems to have relaxed some of my muscles but time will tell. I just started to get bad nerve pains in my right palm. I would take surgery also. And I will when I get worse.
    Is most of your pain is in your lower back?

Clarissa
  • Yes the pain is mostly in my back. I'm getting epidurals for the leg pain and at the same time he does the trigger point injections. It's nice to get up off the stretcher and have no pain but it comes back soon afterwards. Hope the next one will take it away. Charry
advertisement