Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Mid thoracic? Need your opinion!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Hi all. I have c spine stenosis that I just found out about-though have no neck pain. I have however had a bruised type of pain right about where my bra strap hits--on the right side of my spine. My MRI reads mild DDD and anterior spondy o fmid thoracic spine.

Is the mid thoracic where a bra strap would hit? Just wondering if this is why I feel bruised at this location.

Thanks much...
advertisement

Comments

• You're right that's the lumber area where your bra strap is.I feel tightness there from DDD and pain. Referred pain from Lumber can also travel anywhere along the back. I got trigger therapy injections for that. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I also have mid back pain although my MRI shows DDD in my cervical spine and not really anything in the Thoracic area. Funny thing is I have no neck pain. I had an ESI on wednesday in the cervical area and except for a couple of hours yesterda morning my pain is still there.

Do you have any other symptons that go along with it being in your Cervical area? Numbness, tingling, pain?

• I have had odd ball pains all over my body which is why I got a full head and spine MRI to begin with. I get toothache random pains that hit my finger/s, ankle/s, toes and also get muscle twitches all over, in addition, my foot vibrates on and off. I dont think this is all due to my c spine compression since my symtpoms are widespread through my body. Sooo still getting opinions etc
  • Sounds a bit like me. My pain seems to migrate quite a lot. I have pain/burning in my right foot and then my back it just migrates around but never in the neck. I am so tired of doctors that I could just scream.

This last Doc I saw indicated he thought it was all in my head and that I needed to get out in the sunshine and go for walks. I told him I get up every day and go to work, I take my pugs for a walk dailey. I do everything that I have to do but I can't do the the things I would like to do without being in total pain. I mean how much fun is shopping or going out for dinner when your pain is a 7/8.
  • Interesting that your pains jump around too-mine mainly hit toes, fingers, ankles. Where do your pains hit and for how long? Mine can be a second, to a minute to a few hours. I however also have muscle twitches all over, vibrating in my left foot on and off and now muscle cramps. Do your pains just hit your foot and back?

My dr too said it was just stress. This was a neuro whome I had shown my MRI of my neck to. I see a NS in 2 wks for his opinion. I worry that maybe my issues are MS or Lyme. My MRI came back clean for no lesions but I guess that doesnt mean a darn thing, so I may get an LP. Whatever it is (neck, MS, lyme, or whatever) I want a solid answer so I can get treatment sooner vs later

I too am so tired of the drs
  • I have been told its stress as well. I too wonder if it could be MS. I have had episodes a few years back where I couldn't grip thinks and was constantly droping things, also had a bit of a foot drag for awhile but that all cleared up.
    My pain is mostly in my back and my foot. My foot feel like its burning and sometimes does that vibrate thing. But my back is the big issue for me. I also wonder about Fibro. I have read that you can get fibro after a painful incident, its like your body gets in the pain mode and won't let go. That's sort of what I feel like. I wonder if I could break this cycle I might stand a chance. Oh and then there is lyme disease which I have also thought about. I am reluctant to bring any of these things up because it seems everyone thinks I am a hyprocondriac.

At least my husband is finaly on board with this pain. He thought I was exagerating my pain for all this time, he has changed his tune this past 3 months. I told him I need a soft place to fall and he needs to be that place. I also need him to be my "Champion" and believe what I say. I think I am going to take him with me to the doctor tomorrow, maybe they will listen to him and see how this pain is effecting our lives.
  • Do you get the burning feeling in your lower back??
    Ya know like heartburn but just your back. Its a pain that hurts so bad without sharp pain??

Just wondering......

Thats what mine was with the spondylolithsis.
    It was found with me bending forward and backward on a xray. Did not show up on any MRI, CT scan nothing.
    HMMMMM

Fibro is another HUGE one.
    K2626 spondy like I said to suziee is very very painful depending on the grade. Your spine is unstable. It slips. Like putting a fist on top of your other fist and tilting it.

>:D< >:D< >:D<
  • Hi again. I also have muscle twitching ALL over my body, along wtih this extreme joint cracking which I never had until all these pains hit. I too get the burning feeling, I sometimes get it in my toes and it hurts if anything touches it. I have researched a ton on MS and Lyme. The thing with MS is the muscle twitches usually are not all over the entire body nor does the pain jump around quickly from spot to spot in one day. However, with lyme the muscles can twitch all over, as can the pain in addition I hear that extreme joint cracks is part of lyme. Odd thing is I live in SF so have no clue how I could get this. I am going to a lyme dr again in 2 wks, I saw her 1 month ago and she wanted to see me after I did more lyme tests.

Anyhow, maybe the c spine is the cause for some of this, or none of this. I just dont know as there is so much going on in my body!

I hear you about the hypo and the stress, it is frustrating when drs dont take you seriously.

It is great you have a supportive hubby! My fiance has been hanging in there by my side too.
  • K2626

I am from the State of Washington but grew up in Oregon, I got an email forwarded to me that origionated in Oregon about lymes and how so many people were being diagnosed with it and that Doctors are not always using the proper test because it has not been a disease that has been prevalant on this side of the Rockies. It was kind of scary how many people in my hometown have been now diagnosed with it.

Terri,

Yes its more of a burning aching feeling in my back with the occasional stabbing feeling. This morning for some reason its more on the right side of my back and is terribly painful.

So they did a xray bending forward that's interesting. I bet I would get laughed at if I asked them to do it. I swear no one is taking me serious.

When is your bypass surgery scheduled for? I hope that gets rid of some of your symptoms.

Suziee

I really need to get everyone on board, right now I don't feel like anyone is doing anything. I am supposed to hear from the M.D. that did my ESI so I can tell them it didn't help at all. Not sure if they will want to do another one or not.
advertisement