Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Is this related to my back problems?

advertisement

Comments

• I had bad pain in one foot and after a bone scan and xray it just showed soft tissue swelling. My other foot started to get painful also and xray showed arthritis. I'm sure whatever it is is related to your sciatica. Maybe need an xray. My other foot they said at first was stress fracture and they said they don't do anything it heals in a few weeks on its on. Have you tried some ice and heat? Take care Charry?
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • This has been going on off and on for months. It's just getting more persistent. Thanks for the insight! As much as I don't want this to be related to my back, I also don't want to be dealing with a new problem right now. KWIM? Take care of yourself!
  • I just remembered when I was younger I had a plantar's wart which only looks like a circle indent and that was so painful until i removed it with OTC meds. Just get the Doc to look at your feet ok? Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Today I have no pain in the toe joints. The pain at around the arch and heel is minimal. Weird just weird.

Charry--I will definitely tell the PM about it on Wednesday. I told my husband about it so he can remind me in case my meds cause me to forget. Thanks for your help!
  • sorry your having pain.
    hopefully the dr can figure it out soon.

i had hip/leg/ankle/foot pain for a year and a half and no one could figure it out. i could not walk very far without severe pain etc. cold feet you name it. no swelling though.
    and well my news was not good, but at least we found the problem..
    not scaring you at all. also not saying you have what i have.
    just be your own health care advocate and get the ball rolling on what is going on.
    are you under the care of a ortho or neuro ???

hang in there
  • Can I ask what they found in your case? I know that it might not be my situation but I'm curious. I'm working with a neuro and PM. thanks!
  • I don't have pain in my feet but my feet are constantly cold as ice and go numb off and on .I have a heriated L5 S1 and a buldging L4.
  • i went a year and half with hip leg and ankle pain.
    no one could figure it out due to my age. they related it to my back always.
    finally i asked to be tested to PVD thank good ness i did.
    i have hardly no blood flow in my left leg, very little in the right. no distal pulse in my left foot and i have a blockage in the artery in my stomach on the left side.

in no way am i saying this is you. the coldness in your feet jumped out at me. mine are always freezing. my legs/feet are on and off numbness.
    my walking got worse as time went on. it was just ankle pain then it went through my legs to my hips. like charlie horses in my legs, sometimes shooting pain like siatica.

its odd that i have this, but i also have had a history of alot of surgery and trauma to the body. which i guees contributes to the issue.
    plus i am a smoker.

anyways like i said this is my experience with leg pain.
    and in no way saying this is what yours is caused from.

hang in there.
    let us know how you make out and feel better soon!!!
    terri O:) O:) O:)
  • Sorry that your in pain :''( . You know i have problems in the L4/L5 disc area, i had them taken out :''( . This sounds like the nerves, some of my nerves are dead this causes me to have a cold foot ~X( , this is my right side :? . Sometimes the buldge can cling on to other organs, which can cause allsorts of problems :? . Go back to the othopedic surgeon and get this checked out :S ! Also be careful you are not putting weight on the left side because you will start to have problems there to :) .Good Luck! Keep us posted! >:D<

Angie x :H
  • I had something similar, and it was diagnosed as Plantar Faciitis.

I had an x-ray that did reveal both feet had bone spurs in the heels...so it looked like that was what was going on.

Same symptoms about the heel you're having.

But, when I went to chiropractor over my back, once he started treating it, the PF symptoms went away and I haven't had it since...and I was literally crippled from it!

So, yeah, it could definitely be from your back!
  • PM wouldn't do the third injection today. He gave me Cymbalta to try. He said the my foot pain was definitely related. But if this fails then it looks like surgery is the only option left. :''(

Can't deal wtih this today.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.