Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sudden neck pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in New Member Introductions
Hey everyone....my name is Katie. I am 26yrs old & just yesterday started getting REALLY bad pains in my neck, it almost feels like a muscle pull, but then again it really doesn't.....the pain extends down my back, to the bottom of my hair line. Also, within the last week, i started getting this weird rash on my face & ear, at first i thought it might of been flea bites, b/c my old roomates had dogs, but then it started looking like a cluster of bumps together, the skin is very dry & very itchy! I looked up signs of "meningitis" & i do have a few of the symptoms, but i dont have a fever right now. So i dont know! I guess i just need some advice or some help from anyone that may have had these issues before, my doctor said i should go to the ER, but i just moved into a new apartment & really cannot afford to miss work, if they tell me something bad is wrong. Im on the verge of tears right now, if someone could please help me or guide me in the right direction, i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks so much!

email is: katie.mcculley2008@gmail.com
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to spine-health,if you cant go to the er,could you see your doctor?
  • to the ER, but i would rather not. But this is no joke, i am miserable right now....I guess im going to have to go.....i have spoken with my doc & thats what he wanted me to do...but i wanted to wait to see what happened overnight & yea, its gotten worse.....so i guess im going to have to get over my stubbornness & go...
  • Are the sores following a nerve line like straight in a row? Is there any discharge from the sores? You really should go to Urgent care or ER to get it checked out on your day off today. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • The rash is actually on one side of mu face, on the other side on my neck (up my jawline) there's one spot of my arm & now a few new spots on my back & other arm
  • yeah good idea. that does not sound like its cervical realted.
    sounds more like a illness or a allergic reaction. this all coming from a MOM ;)
    get there and get it checked out before it gets out of control.
    even starting a new job work cannot touch you with being sick and having paperwork to back it up from the Dr or E.R.
    so pleaseee don't worry about calling in sick. ;)

let us know how you make out hun we will be watching for your post!! O:) O:) O:) O:) O:)
  • Good luck and keep us posted
advertisement