Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My Good News Goals

DaveNHDDaveNH Posts: 58
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Good News
Just a thought for a Good News thread.

While out on my afternoon walk, I once again went down my list of personal goals for the coming year. I think that setting achievable goals can help in one’s recovery.
Of course, reality steps in every one and awhile and cause delays and some set back.
Here’s a list of personal goal that I would like to achieve within the next 6 months.
(Post on the fridge!)

Please add yours and check back later with your update.

1) To be able to SIT DOWN for Thanksgivings Day dinner at my SIL.
2) Feel secure enough to rake some leaves that same weekend.
3) Get my trailer winterized.
4) Take my wife and son out to a fancy sit down restaurant, the kind where you order off a menu by name not by number and they bring the food right to your table. No trays! :)
5) To be completely off any kind of pain killers by Christmas Day.
6) Attend “First Night” in Boston 12/31/2008

advertisement

Comments

• What a wonderful idea!

1. Get my haircut
    2. Visit Mom before she goes to Florida
    3. Buy gift for her birthday
    Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • My biggest goal is to be able to travel alone. Just feel secure enough to handle my own carry on. If I can achieve that, I will feel totally independent.

Kin
  • Dave,
    That’s Ok they just need to eat faster and then you are done, realistic and achievable goals as you said are vital for improvement and need a time element to concentrate overall achievement. Pace for us all will be the key and much can be achieved in small element that supplies us with daily success that can become a distant memory from our healthy persona. I swap goals, and transpose what I used to like doing into aspects anew, some of my previous activity will never be achievable but that was the historic me, the new improved me has recycled goals, you know the ones, sit stand and lay down, I need to learn to roll over, I could be in a dog show.

If it is putting your socks on or sitting down longer, so be it, they are just as valid even more so considering the significant effort required to achieve minimal gain, it makes me laugh out loud, it took you how long to do what !. I see the view now more clearly from the slow lane, and have achieved great success from my daily accent to the summit, only to awake back at base camp, I am ground hog day.

Goals, you know you love them.

Well done you. John