Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

legs vibrate after running

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Chronic Pain
14 weeks ago I fractured my C2 and C6 vertebrae in a bicycle accident. They were stable fractures. I had a neck brace for 6 weeks. I had no symptoms other than neck pain.
6 weeks ago I was allowed to resume running. I only did easy runs of less than a mile for the first 4 weeks. When I increased the intensity about 2 weeks ago I noticed a vibration at the top of my calfs immediatly after running. The vibration occurs only when I bend my neck down to look at my feet. The vibrations are strong for the first few minutes and then subside. They go away after about 2 hours.

I have no other pain in my legs and they feel stong.

What's causing the vibration? Is it caused by the vertebrae healing and putting pressure on the spinal cord?

Will this go away with time?
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Mike,

Welcome to Spine Health. I think that your question is one that needs to be asked of your surgeon or whomever treated your fractures. Cervical issues can create problems for the legs and it's not something to dork around with. I feel that it's always better to be safe than sorry in a situation like this.

Glad that you are able to run again!

"C"
  • June 6th I had a bicycle accident. I have no memory of the crash. I also have been released to ride my bicycle. My legs have the same pain. I refer to the pain as touching an electrical fence. When I look down the pain shoots down through both legs to my feet. I am having chronic pain in my right hip and leg. I have not regained temperature sensation in my right leg since the crash. I'm hoping to find a pain management doctor. I am at a loss

Chris
  • i had my c1 c2 fused on i still get some warmness that runs downs my back and into my left leg. it is gettign better every day. i am 8 weeks post op. just taking a long time to heal.

i had these symptoms before my surgery too.

i would investigate your c spine a bit further. as mentioned above it really is no area to second guess.

ps u will get great support here from personal experiences.
  • Not trying to make a joke here, but my legs vibrate all the time and it is due to having a spinal cord stimulator inside my neck. It is there to target my neck, shoulders, arms and hand, but due to the complexity of the c-spine it also stimulates my legs and feet.

Please consider speaking to your doc.

"C"
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.