Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

relief from trigger point injections

cla_guaccla_gua Posts: 186
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Questions for anyone who has had trigger point injections.
How long did you get relief from trigger point injections?
How many times did or how often do you get them?
Did they make you gain weight?
Any side effects?

Thanks
Clarissa
advertisement

Comments

• I got trigger point injections every week x6 weeks. no weight gain. I had 2 epis and trigger point injections at the same time x2 for a total of 8 weeks so far. They help a little bit. But everyone is different. I haven't had any side effects except maybe a little burning. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • they are my favorite thing in life, i have severe knots in my upper back, my shoulder blades and way over near my shoulder/arm pit that no chiro or massage therapist can get out!! i loved them cause they give me immediate relief, but they don't always last to long!! i have had some last 2weeks and some last 2 days!! then they decided to switch me over to botox injections, because they last around 3 months, but if they don't get it into the exact muscle it is no good and no relief!! my last botox injection was in September, and it was a new doc, and he missed!! i can't believe i had botox injected into 2 muscles, and he didn't get it in the exact spot, that was a waste, so you must get the right doctors!! if you have severe muscle knots that never go away, botox is the way to go!! you must get the right doc though. otherwise, trigger points provide good relief, if injected into the knot exactly also. it is just a shorter course of pain releif!! I had my acdf c4-6 surgery on october 22, I am still in quite a lot of pain. Right now all i can think about is trigger point injections. when i woke up in hospital the pain from surgery was unbearable, but on top of that was horrible muscle spasms, just horrible, i begged them to get my pain management doc for injections! no go!!
  • Honestly, had injections in lower back- last time 4/99. Extremely painful, but still only have minimal pain every now and then. Actually, have appt in 2 weeks to have done in neck. although, not looking forward to the pain of the actual injections, hoping for the same results
  • I just had 6 trigger point injections last Wednesday with no relief at all. Should l call my doctor? I am in so much pain and can't get the knots to go away. I take Vicodin 4 times a day along with oxycotin and soma, still no relief!!! I am so depressed from the pain causing me not to be able to do things for my family and myself. I am still working but it is such a struggle to work. By the time I work 8 hours I am exhausted from the pain and I fall asleep if I am still for more than 20 minutes.
    Loving Mom of one and wife of 13 years
    DDD x5 yrs
advertisement