First of all, I want to thank whoever is managing this forum, as it is a huge relief to find others who are experiencing thoracic issue (not that I would wish this on anyone!).
I am 35 years old and I have had symptoms that MIGHT be related to a T9-10 herniated disc or "mild disc narrowing and minimal posterior disc bulges" in T4-9. I have tried physical therapy for 2.5 years a with Thorasic Outlet Syndrom (TOS) diagnosis but it doesn't seem right based on my symptoms and the physical therapy hasn't helped. I actually had a labral tear in my shoulder and I had shoulder surgery 2 weeks ago with the hope that it might address these symptoms but it clearly didn't. Here are my symptoms:
- All right side of my body
- Pain in front right side of my neck halfway down
- Muscle inflammation down right side of my neck from jaw to base
- Pain just behind my right ear (feels muscular)
- Pain in back of my head (lower-middle part - feels muscular)
- Pain at right base of my neck that extends across my trap.
- Muscle inflammation below my shoulder "wing" bone around the T4-5 level.
- Muscle inflammation just to the right of my spine between base of neck and T9-10.
- Occassional nerve referral pain on right hip right in-line with T9-10 (this can be replicated or made worse by pressing on T-10).
- Muscle inflammation typical starts in neck and goes down to trap and back.
- Muscle inflammation is usually initiated by either sitting on a sofa, lying in bed watching TV, or sitting on a soft chair.
- Muscle inflammation is PREVENTED or not made worse by sitting in a 90' rigid chair.
As you can see, I have a lot of muscle inflammation in my neck, trap, and upper and mid back. Is it actually possible that my T9-10 herniation and/or the T4-9 problem I described above is causing ALL of this or is it more likely being caused by a Cervial Spine issue? I had a C-Spine MRI done 1-2 years ago with nothing at all noted.
Thanks in advance for everyone's help. I am desparate to find the cause of the pain so that I can attempt to treat it better. It's driving me nuts and keeping me awake, especially since I can't take Ibuprofin due to a previous Ulcer...