Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I cannot take anymore pain

Frustrated101FFrustrated101 Posts: 279
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Depression and Coping

Just last week, the gout subsided enough to be tolerable still swollen a bit but no more 10 + pain.Yesterday, after a windy cold NW day, my old knee injury acted up per usual during the fall/winter months figured it would pass with the RICE method. I busted it up in high school doing a heavy squat that went south.

Early this morning(3 am), the knee got extremely painful with any attempt at movement and now am stuck here in my recliner not able to walk without seriously hurting myself.It almost feels like a form of arthritis possibly even gout.I got a big follow up with my Rheumatologist on the 6th, thankfully.

How can health take such a dive in one year, I just cannot cope anymore, I just want a small break to feel human again.
advertisement

Comments

• Hang in there.

You never say what pain meds you atke. Make sure you take as much as you are allowed or get yourself to see a doc, least the meds can take the edge off.

Wrap up warm, no twisting, bending or lifting - worst aggrivator for the pain.

Keep mobilising, walking on flat surfaces.
    You review is around the corner.... >:D<

• Thank you itsalongwalk,

I take norco 10/325 x 4 daily, during my gout attack I was allowed 5/6 daily i truly needed.I am calling my PCP to see if I can get a small RX of something stronger to make it to the 6th.
  • It's miserable when you can't do any of the things you're used to. I, like you, have MAJOR flare-ups with the weather changes, which is why I've come to really dislike winter! Unfortunately, I live in a ski town and have a five to six month winter; that was fine when I used to ski, but not so much now!! :(

Can you do any water exercises at all, as in water walking or gentle swimming? It would be nice for you if you could just get out, if nothing else.

Take care, and hope you made some headway with the doc last week.

Tracy
  • It's taken me a long time to realize that and to keep focused on the long run, not just on today and my pain. I look forward to the day my daughter gets married, the day we can afford that luxery vacation we've always dreamed about, the budding of the flowers in the spring. Some days we have to look hard but there is always something going on that makes life worth living.

I still have low days but even as I lie down in pain I try to take myself somewhere else, somewhere great. Life only sucks if we give in to that. Now, ask me tomorrow if I feel the same way....LOL!

Griff

• Thank you both for the kind words, the knee has let up a bit and some much needed sleep caught up on.My back is another matter, but I will take any good with the bad any day.
advertisement