Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

TerryJV - question for you (m)..

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
how did you know you had no blood running through your left leg? I mean, did you have symptoms? I guess, what I'm asking is how did you find out you had to have bypass surgery - what were your symptoms? I'm just curious about your condition. Only because I wonder about my left leg as well. It's always got a dull ache to it, not sciatica or anything and my left knee is achey all the time, but it's probably arthritis, but i wondered about blood clot because it's always behind and on the sides of the knee.

Thanks.
advertisement

Comments

• I'm not Terry but I would ask the Dr. for an ulrasound(leg dopplers) to rule out a DVT. I had to get one and also a bone scan. Is it red, hot and swollen? If so it's worth a trip to ER. Even an xray and bloodwork would show if there's an infection there. Your Dr. should order these tests or go to ER. And you may have to wear a TED stocking to improve circulation. These tests should be done because it's not always sciatica causing the pain. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • My symptoms started in my ankles only. Then as months passed it started travling up both legs. Sometimes in people its only 1.
    My pain is very hard to describe to someone. I will start off walking and my legs start to freeze up. Feels like someone is squeezing them with a rope. It gets so painful after a couple mintues I have to drag my self to get to the next spot. After laying down or sitting the pain goes away in about 15min.
    I also thought it was my back, knees etc. Had xray after xray, cortizone shots you name it, nothing helped, it has just kept getting worse.
    So I mentioned to the ortho dr at my checkup if he thought that I could have PVD or PAD . Of course that is not his speciality but set up a test for me anyway, as my calfs have been getting sore, and I have numbness at all different times through the whole leg, cold feet.
    I got a doppler test done on my feet.
    A BP cuff test done on each leg.
    It was almost flat lined in my left leg, no distal pulse in my left foot, very little in the right. They ran me over to ultrasound, and found the left arotic artery blocked.
    So that is what the angiogram is for Friday. To see the extent of damage. If just stents for now or bypass. They are leaning more on bypass.
    I am also starting to question my diagnosis of fibromyalgia.
    As you feel very worn out same with fibro and aches and pains are a given.
    This is why I had no fusion..

Hope I described it the best I could hun.
    What I have mostly happens in males 30-40 Lerichie syndrome.
    Now clots, PVD and PAD can happen in anyone.

Hang in there sweetie, good luck with that leg pain. Get it checked out. As we just never ever know!!!! Us people with back pain always think its our backs, thats not always the case as you can see from me. It is like siatica in a way. Constant pain. Only relieved by sitting.

xoxoxo O:) O:) O:) O:)
  • Thanks you guys. About Fibro....Anyone with spiney issues, should be second guessing their diagnosis of FM they received. I went through the same thing, it's a very long story and I'll post it when I am back from surgery, but to sum things up in a short sentence......Dr.'s ARE NOT always right! i started out with "you might have MS - NOPE (as I complained about my neck and arm pain). Then it was "you might have peripheral neuropathy (as I complained about my neck and arm pain) NOPE - you HAVE FIBROMYALGIA (as I compalined about my neck and arm pain). I didn't agree at ALL with the FM diagnosis, so I went to a Rheumy and he said YOU DO NOT HAVE FM - you have DEG DISK DISEASE causing all of your problems - DUH! I wasn't sure on the MS diagnosis - I wasn't sure on the peri neuropathy diagnosis, I was absolutely SURE I didn't have FM and I was POSITIVE I have degenerative disk disease - confirmed by positive MRI's of cervical/thoracic and lumbar spine with herniations throughout (small albeit with oen large one in the neck), but hey, I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG. This all happened from 10/07 until now and I finally got into see a neurosurgeon in october YAY!

Now, I'm finally getting it fixed. Thursday is the big day.
    Thanks again for the info.
    I guess I did just tell my whole story LOL!
    Sandra