Been reading and hearing about reherniation often after surgery which requires another surgery...any reason why?
Ideas would be appreciated.
Knocked off my bicycle by another cyclist in 2000, landed on right buttock,elbow, helmet cracked but not skull!
Had MRI's in 2002 and this past January.
1) diffuse disc bulges at L3,L4, L5 with mild stenosis
2) bulge at L5-S1 space with mild degeneratate facet joint disease and disc material extending into left neural foramen, encroaching on exiting nerve root.
3) Had 3 epidurals over six months in 2003.
4) Have had Chiro treatments since Dec.2007
5) Had EMG in Feb,2008 Neurologist said my reflexes were normal
6) Take Ibuprofen 200 3x day and when needed oxycodone/acetaminophen. Use Melatonin to help get to sleep.
Walking more than 30 minutes causes sciatic pain down to right foot. Sitting in forward bent position causes pain in buttock and lumbar area.
Lumbar disks do their own dance without my consent. Sciatic screams when I beat my feet on the pavement.