Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New pains :(

HeidiLynnMHHeidiLynnM Posts: 445
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hello everyone :H .
I have the l5 s1 herniation. I am waiting on comp to approve another mri to see a neurosergon. I want to list my pain problems and see if any of you have the same, I just can't stand this any longer! :T .

Leg weakness, and numbness to both legsweird to have both legs?!!!!!

Pain down both legs(newer pain is the pain running down the side of my left leg).

Butt pain is also getting worse, it is like a stabbing pain all over my lower body, even my knees.

Back pain of course, always located to the left, does radiate to my hip and back on the right side.
I am also starting to get some groin pain now?!!! It is weird, it is on my left side, and I never had this before :''( .

It is like in the inside of my left leg at the side to almost the groin area.

The pain in my legs is getting so old, I feel like they are in a constant cramp and asleep, this goes into my feet also 24/7. I can't sit at my computer very long anymore either because the pain gets so bad!!!!!!

I am also starting to have a hard time sleeping, I cant lay on my back or belly. When I lay on my sides, it feels like my bones are cracking or something, and they hurt. I have to use a pillow on my left side of my back to even lay down to sleep.

My very last procedure, the IDET was the last straw. There is nothing more to do here except see a surgeon. I am just wondering if you all have any of these problems. I have already been tested for any muscle diseases also. I am just waiting on approval which my take a lifetime to get for a mri ~X( .

Thanks for reading,
Heidi
advertisement

Comments

• Sorry to hear your having bad pain,i hope your pain get better,and you get approved for your mri,you take care....
  • I hope you find a good neurologist and orthosurgeon. Unless there is severe nerve damage they try conservative treatment first. I'm not sure if you have a pain management Dr. yet? I hope you also get some meds to control your pain. Keep us posted on your progress and thanks for sharing. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Heidi, how long ago was the last MRI? I had Spondy with DDD L4-5. My pain was in my left hip joint to groin to inside left leg to knee and at times all the way to foot. Always was on the inside of the leg. It used to be on the right exactly the same pattern for 2 years before it switched to my left. I had hip xrays initially cause really thought it was a hip problem. Funny thing is this pain pattern is L3-4 which is perfectly healthy. NS says not everyone's nerves follow the typical pattern. My theory was the collapsed disc at L4-5 was causing pulling at L3-4, so who knows. A LESI at healthy L3-4 gave me great relief. A LESI at problem L4-5 did nothing for me, crazy! 8}

Now you say you feel your bones cracking and I did too. Now I had Spondy which was thought to be marginally unstable. All I had to do was shift my weight from one foot to the other while standing and my back would crunch. Doc acted like no big deal. Chiro said it was arthritis. Well at surgery, NS said my lamina and spinous process on L4 was totally loose and moving all around, called it extremely unstable. So anyway just wandering if you have some kind of instability issue that is causing the cracking. I crunch no more, yay :))( :))(

So some of your symptoms sounded like mine. We are all so unique and our nervous systems so complex. I hope you get some answers soon. Keep us updated. >:D< Sue
  • and it didn't work:(. I am currently going to be going to see a new pm doctor because the one I have now can no longer help me, he has tried everything. As for the groin pain, that started about a week or so ago:(.

I just want to see someone for this. My mri is almost a year 1/2 ago!!!! I am sure there are new things to be seen now. UGH. L)
  • I just had a long talk with my lawyer in person, and he spoke to the insurance company, and my mri is approved. Thank god! I will now be able to go see a few surgeons to get their opinions. When I do get the mri results, I will post them to see what they sound like to you all. I am so glad that I am moving forward again :)
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.