Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Help

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi this is the first time I have tried something like this but I am getting desperate. I have been struggling with cervical disc degeneration, spinal stenosis, and bone spurs for over eight years. The doctor's have tried all the non invasive treatments and even have removed one disc at C4-5 with a fusion at that level three years ago. The surgery provided temporary relief at best and now I am at the point again where home exercises are not helping again and they keep having to up my medicines. But the pain while horrible is almost better then the other symtom that scares me the most sometimes if I turn my head a certain direction I hear a loud popping sound that is usually followed by a brief period of double vision. I am afraid to live my life drive my car or do the little things that I use to take for granted. Some people in my life don't get why this scares me so bad and tell me to just muster through it. The doctor's answer is take time off work and possibly another surgery. I am only 34 not looking foward to putting my life on pause has anyone else dealt with this and have any words of wisdom for dealing with this successfully. :S

Thanks
Laura Doty
magicaldreamer1@hotmail.com
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to spine-health there is a lot of information here on the boards. I guess I would have to ask when is the last time you had a MRI or a CT completed. I think it is important to find the source of the pain rather than just uping meds to get you through another day. If this doctor is unwilling to have any test done can you see another doctor to help you? It is very difficult for anyone to see the pain that we go through but you are certainly not alone. You will find a lot of caring members here that can feel your pain. As far as the double vision i myself have only experienced that with a med causing it. I certainly can appreciate wanting your life back however I think they need to find the source of the pain. Anyway welcome to spine-health and keep us posted.