Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Doctor appointment today

charryccharry Posts: 5,753
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Pain Management
Hi, I have to go to my Dr. today. I told her last time the the ms contin 30 mg twice a day wasn't helping so much that I couldn't take the pain. She says she couldn't increase it. Has anyone tried something stronger, even fentanyl patch? I've been taking percocet from an old prescription. One a day and I told my Dr. and she was okay with that. I'm still having too much pain. What should I do? Charry
DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
advertisement

Comments

• I'm on Fentanyl 50 every 2 days, Norco, along with other meds to treat muscle spasms and nerve pain. I was still struggling, and then Cymbalta was added to help out. I think your doctor is trying to approach your pain at different directions before upping your MS Contin. Is this a PM doctor?
  • No its my family Dr. my pm Dr. doesn't believe in narcs.
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I've read a few people here have that set up. I see my NS while getting treatment from PM. Did you have to sign a contract too? Maybe he'll add Percocet along with the morphine on a regular basis for break thru pain.
  • I haven't signed a pain contract with her. I never heard of them. Charrry
  • How come no one will operate on you?
  • I have a second opinion jan. 22. I guess they think it can get better by itself. Thanks charry
  • that what's called the wait and see approach.
  • I'm getting more pain meds after my appt. today and I'm going to try celebrex instead of Naproxen. I'm also being referred to another pain management Dr. because this pm Dr. wants to give me 10 weeks of epidurals. I just finished 6 weeks of trigger therapy injections. Too many injections is my opinion and I need another pm Dr. instead of this pm Dr. who tells me "I hope I can find it there's so much tissue there." Insults all the time, who needs that? So that's my update today. Hope everyone else is doing okay. Charry
  • don't need to be dealing with rude and crude docs on top of all this pain! You are doing the right thing by trying a new one. Who wants to pay to be mistreated? Good luck and let us know how you make out.
    BTW- Have you tried being fitted for a good back brace? I got fitted for a lumbosacral and it has been a real godsend . I don't wear it all the time but when I need to sit, stand or walk it really helps me. Some people think that it will weaken the back muscles but, I have been told by 3 different docs that is not true. Good luck and keep me posted.
advertisement