Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My visit to OS about return of pain

dbullwinkelddbullwinkel Posts: 224
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had posted earlier that after my July 31st ACDF with instrumentation, I had a return of major pain and right arm numbness and pain around 10/3 after new excercise in PT. Stopping PT helped..went back and pain/numb returned. Stopped PT and doctor ordered MRI. Fusion looks good/no new herniations/ buldges above and below no change.
After my visit Friday; doctor was wonderful..told me since I am having major pain he would start exploring other reasons for pain. His exam with my symptoms lead him to think of right shoulder rotary cuff..gave me shot in the scapula (or wherever it went) and medrol pack to start monday if I didn't feel better. Ordered MRI of right shoulder.
I completely forgot to tell him that I have been experiencing tingles in my left arm; starting just under shoulder and elbow and going into my hands.I also remember the neurologist saying my EMG showed carpel tunnel. I did not go back to her since surgery was scheduled for my neck and just basically ignored it.
I am not sure if I should call doctor back Monday and tell him about my left arm...I am thinking that it is tingling from healing since my incision is on the left side??
Advice and experiences would be greatly appreciated :S
advertisement

Comments

• Reminds me of my shoulder problems. Twice in my life I had what the Dr called bursitis. Terrible pain. Shots in the rotator cuff did not seem to work. The problem whatever it was finally went away.

Harry
  • I am pleased the Dr decided to do something for you and really hope that the shot you had makes a difference.
    dbullwinkel said:

I completely forgot to tell him that I have been experiencing tingles in my left arm; starting just under shoulder and elbow and going into my hands.:S
    This sounds exactly like I posted earlier and the Dr I saw today said the tingles/pain was due to the C6/7

Why not give it a few days to see what happens when your shoulder settles and if it makes a difference to your left arm tingles. If your shoulder is bad on the right then you may be adjusting your shoulder/neck on the left to compensate.

Blessings Sara O:)

• Hello:

I think it would be a good idea to tell the doctor about all of your symptoms.

I hope the shot helps with your pain.

Several months after my back surgery I experienced pain in my right shoulder, never had pain there before. At PT he said it may be from the way they position you on the operating table, I didn't "buy" that. I got a cortisone shot from my GP, didn't touch it. Turned out I had just short of what was called Frozen Shoulder. It resolved itself within a few months. You might want to give it some time.

Ellen