Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Two Level ACDF C 4-6 on 9-3-08 Update on how I am doing!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hey everyone,
I am sorry for not being around so much...I have been trying to balance everything with the surgery recovery and as some of you know my one college course.

I am now a bit over two months post op and I think over all I am improving. Believe me you I still have some really tough days...

Right now I am in a soft collar and I am allowed to drive. I really limit this activity becasue it can be a huge pain generator for me if I drive to to many places in one day.

We have busy lives and there is always something to do done in and outside of the home and the hardest thing for me; being I am not married and have only myself to depend on, is to not OVER DO IT....I have had to suck it up and let the house be a little more untidy then I would like and I have to really be comitted to not driving to more then 2 places in one day. One place if it is someting like the grocery store.

Just the other day I drove myself to the grocery store on my own and pushed the cart on my own. I limited the amount of things purchased so as not to push a loaded cart....just picked of fruits vegi's and milk...

I think I might have posted about the recent ride to my parents place...A 2 1/2 hour ride in the car was a not so good thing to do and now finally a week after being home I am feeling a bit better and yesterday got back to the walking for my recovery because I had slacked off for a bit while transitioning inot the soft collar and then the riding for a long distance.

???At this time I still have neck pain, but it changes all the time. I wonder if this has been the experience of other who have recoverd from this surgery???
???If so do you all think this is a good sing of a healing process going on????

The only pain I have that is the same is that burning under the very lowest point of my left scapula and the spine around the T-7 area...
It comes in the morning and it can be pretty relentless but medications get it under control and then it seems to most often stay away for the rest of the day. Then I mostly have neck pain but not the same as before surgery.

Left sided arm weakness iss stil gone completely at this point.

I have been really working hard at school and having some difficulty balanceing the pain and the studies...it is only one class but the reading and writing for my studies causes pain so I procrastinate and I don;t learn as well while I am hurting.

I have a huge exam on Monday and I have been really trying my best to bus=ckledown and get to it....

Once school is out in the next 30 days i will be able to post more and support others rather than to do the quick update.

So all who read please know I am thingking of you all Imiss you all and I do check and answer PM's every other day or so...so if you want to PM and need support I will always get back to you even if you don't see me posting a lot....

Hearts and hugs to all my friends!!
Chrissy
advertisement

Comments

• I'm glad you're healing well. Study, study and pass that test! Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Sending you a word of encouragement about school! I know what you are going through..I went back to college (at nite)when my youngest was in second grade..and at the time had a dx of MS (which has since been removed, thankfully)..but regardless, I was sick most of the time, had three kids, one husband (who tries but is not the most helpful person in the world) and worked full time as a teacher's aide. Luckily I worked five three minutes from the kids school, so I could be there for special activities, etc. I did have guilt about not always being at the sporting events, etc. but when I could I was sure to be there! It was real tough, but I learned to juggle things, accept what I couldn't do and somehow managed to finish my BS...and start teaching. Then I did my MS, which I found much easier!
    SO, Hang in there! It is tough NOW, but soon it will be over #:S and you will feel so proud of yourself! =D>
    Donna