Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My husband

yasminayyasmina Posts: 166
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Matters of the Heart
is like a teenage boy with overactive hormones. We've been married for over 13 years, 2 kids, and he's all over me.

He is constantly petting me at (to me) inappropriate times - like in the car, while sitting in the kitchen, or any other time when someone else may walk in.

Is it me? I work all day, take care of 2 kids, try to keep the house in order while he does the outside work, am 45 yrs. old and had L3-5 fusion a year ago, with very little interest in sex.

I don't deny him, and participate fully when we "play", but he seems to have an almost obsessive need to paw at me.

~X(
advertisement

Comments

• image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" /> What a bugger! My husband is like that too. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • :?? I thought it would wear off,especially when I gained weight,but nope.Now that I've lost a few it isn't changing though..and is about the same.Sometimes I wonder if he was neglected as a child(just kidding).I love his parents,but he was one of four and maybe he needed more attention.Just my thinking on it... :)

• cuz mu hubby is the same way. In one hand, Iam glad he still feels this way toward me after 19 years on the other I feel bad because of my pain most days Iam not "in the mood." But, I do my best to not deny him, he is such a wonderful husand and father he deserves what he wants...
    Just to let ya know my greatgrand parents were 96 and 94 when they passed away but my grandma said not a year before they passed he acted this way towards ggma, and she'd even had walked in on them on accident, so sounds like the fun never stops. :))(
    Jeanette
  • I was thinking there was hope......... :O :O
  • That's so sweet. I would worry if I wasn't bugged. I was covered with chickenpox and I still wasn't left alone :$
  • Wow, if he thought I was sexy with chicken pox, imagine how much more now. :D

I think he had it already. A few years later, I had shingles - :X HUBBA, HUBBA
  • :) almost 30 years now and there is still desire hanging around our home. <:P makes everyday not only fun, but interesting as well. :X lot's of ways to handle desire besides just the "same old thing!" =)) keep's me guessing! Jenny :)
  • =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
    sorry had to laugh and let it out, its only 5am and everyone is sleeping of course except me 8} and my soma kicks tush with no food.

man oh man don't even look at me while im in pain or you will see image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" /> image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" /> image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" /> image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" /> image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" /> image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" /> image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" />

i have a bro in law that is like this. ok not toward me :jawdrop: :D
    his wife can be as sick as a horse and if he don't have her OMG he goes nuts whats up with that. #o #o

i tell hub go get on the computer and take a shower =)) =)) =)) =))

if he can see in my face im not in a good mood/sore etc. he knows better i just get a hug >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
    1 night puts me down for 2 days ok TMI :* :*
    plus i have more issues then back so mabye that is why he is so sweet. :X :X
    i also told him hey you want to screw around you best bring home alot of money for your services so i can shop =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) <:P <:P <:P
    no seriously that is only a joke 8} ;) ;)
  • You are a hoot! :)

Honestly, I think I am more worried about the not being able to handle that sort of activity than my husband is. That is a vital part of stress relief for me.

One Love,

Stephanie
  • I would love to have my husband feel that way towards me for just 1 day. Our romance has seem to die off after only being married for 7 years. He can't stand that I am in pain all the time and not working and I've gained over 60lbs. It's hard to bring your sexy back when you can't hardly move which only adds more to the depression.

On the other hand, I probably would feel the same as you girls if I was constantly bugged too so I guess I just can't win. I wish there was a happy medium.
  • Is your Avatar a recent picture? If it is, you must have weighed, what, 25 pounds before you gained "all that weight"? You look so tiny in that picture!

My husband is the same frisky way. Especially when our home boys win foot ball or baseball (L.S.U.)! OY! He will tell me - "take an extra pain pill and meet me in the room".

I too would be more concerned if he was not as frisky.

Have a great evening everyone.

Jeaux
  • That is so cute. :))( I have had to take a pill right before, well you know.. :D
  • Jeauxbert, You are way too kind. I just took that pic 2 days ago and I really hate my pic taken but for some reason I liked that one. I never post my pic on anything but I thought it was important for you guys to put a face to my posts. Thank you for boosting my self confidence :D You are always so sweet and I feel like we really can relate as you have been where I am right now. Thank you for all your advice and support. >:D<
  • Now, how do we know FER SURE it was your wife who posted? Maybe you wanted to draw attention to yourself? :?

Hey, just kidding! What were you 2 doing up so late (or early)? Oh, never mind. That is strictly NOMB*!

Have a great day with many pain free moments (hopefully all in a row)!

Jeaux

(* = None Of My Business)
  • This is a first for sure =)) Have fun, you two ;)
advertisement