Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

week 44

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:24 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
he everyone week 44,can you beleive it,the weeks are just flying by arn t they,
well im still the same no loss no gain so im guess im happy with that as im still trying to find a balance with being back too work.Hope you all had a good result this week

Jenny how are things with you? ive sent you a couple PMs but think they might have got lost in cyberspace again
advertisement

Comments

• I am at the same. I haven't gained or lost anything. Perhaps now that I'm getting more pain control I can do my stationary recumbent bike a bit more this week. Hope everyone has a great week. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • in my book, so ur the same as me charry,im just glad that i haven t gained,i haven been doing much walking at all so i hope to up that this week.its hard now that im back at work, trying to keep house and excerise, plus the pain lol.il get there, might take awhile but i will get there
  • I'M NOT UNHAPPY THAT I WEIGH THE SAME AS LAST WEEK. THIS PAST WEEK WAS ONE, LONG, HORRIBLE PAIN FLARE SO I EXERTED ABOUT 12 CALORIES. THE BAD NEWS IS THAT I WEIGH THE SAME AS I DID 5 WEEKS AGO WHEN I JOINED THIS GROUP. SO HERE I HAVE BEEN WATCHING WHAT I EAT, COUNTING POINTS AND I HAVEN'T LOST A POUND. I GUESS IT BEATS THOSE WILD GYRATIONS OF WEEKS GONE BY THAT LEFT RIGHT AT POINT A. HOW CAN ONE NOT BECOME DISCOURAGED? SUSAN
  • This is my first week to be with the group. While I thought that I was going to be very disappointed in my progress, or lack of progress, I actually was able to lose two pounds! I thought about sweets the whole week, but I didn't give in. I even declined the opportunity to have my FAVORITE kind of ice cream this evening! So I am feeling pretty good about it. Maybe this I'll be able to swim more than once and keep up eating less and see if that doesn't help me some.
    Have a good week, you all!
  • bet ur glad,keep up the good work
  • :) lost track of time and thought i had already posted. 8} i had lost one pound as of yesterday so that puts me at 149#. =D> not the four pounds i was hoping to lose but i will take it. started on a new scale as well. good going "no gainers!" <:P how nice to look at the scale and not see another pound up there. trater, there is some much needed incentive!! you can do it! stick to swimming as much a possible. you will see a big return from that and cutting calories. Jenny :)
  • stockbroker, i have been here for almost a year and weight the same. :? haven't gained any mind you, but i have definitely not reached my goal. :T i will get there though. i won't give up. hang in there!! Jenny :)
  • you re doing so well keep it up
  • On your two pound loss!

I am down one this week. All in all I've pretty much stayed the same the past year too. Just been going up and down.
  • :) it is the middle of the week and my thoughts sometimes wander off good food habits. ~X( my husband can eat anything, all day and not gain a pound. on the other hand he also plays tennis twice a week. my exercise is walking when i can. probably alot like some of you. it makes it hard to see bread in the house and cheese, lots of carbs and sweets. but he has to eat too. so i really have to focus and learn when and where to put these foods when i eat. focusing on my food plan is more important than ever in the middle of the week and it's a good time to take a hard look at just what i am putting into my mouth. Jenny :)
  • I have been experiencing the world's longest pain flare. The toes on my right foot are completely numb. This is new. I'm waiting to try a spinal cord stimulator. I have no control over this process. I don't know when it will be ready. I don't know how to plan my life with this big unknown awaiting me. I have tried umpteen times to lose weight and I've never been able to lose even one lousy pound. With all of this, I think weight loss has dropped off my list of priorities.
  • You sound down Stockbroker. Can't blame you for not thinking about your diet when you're in pain. I'm not losing either, but then not being very conscientious about my eating. So, am thinking of some easy things I can do. One is staying away from the sweets at work over the holiday season. I usually say, oh I'll just have one, but then I have another, then I do that every day, and those calories add up.
    I am almost done reading a diet book that was interesting, and am going to ask my husband if he will try this diet with me for two weeks after Thanksgiving.
    I am going to have to get medication for my blood pressure. I was hoping to contain it by diet and exercise but I'm getting nowhere and I don't think it's anything to mess around with. Will call and make an appt.
    Teri
  • :) ranchoalmosta, good for you for hanging in with your program anyway. =D> i am not losing either but will not give up!! if you are not getting your blood pressure under control you should call your doc!! :-C that is nothing to mess around with!! perhaps once you get it under control you can try again. good luck this week. having your husband work a food plan with you is a great idea!! you can lose together. Jenny :)
  • :) stockbroker, this time stick with your program. you sound depressed and that is sometimes when we really start eating. have you ever tried a food diary? i am surprised by what i eat in a day sometimes. hang in with us!! we face not losing as you do. if you do your program, you will lose!!!!! Jenny
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.