Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

One month after surgery what can I expect ??

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi,I had ACDF 5/6 6/7 with hardware one month ago, all pain was gone
for two weeks. Now left shoulder and arm pain has returned at about 50%
with some neck pain. How concerned should I be.
thanks,Curt
advertisement

Comments

• I can share my personal experience. I haven't been painfree yet but I have tolerable pain. I think our surgeries were about the same time. I felt like superwoman one minute and then "oh no" the next. My shoulder and arm are bothering me now and hadn't been for a while. My doctor said that I should be patient as these things all take time to calm down and begin to heal. In my opinion it's normal but of course call your doctor if you are concerned and especially if it gets worse.
  • I'm 4 months post ACDF. Same thing, C5/6 and 6/7.

Believe me, it's taken a few months and I'm still recovering. I've had more good days now then bad. :-) Work seems to still get me late in the afternoon but it's tolerable.

This week for some reason, I've been having a few weird feelings when I swallow. It feels like something is stuck in my throat and some numbness and tingling has returned but that too is bearable.

Going to give the doc's office a call tomorrow to see what might be causing the problem. Could be the weather here in Georgia...she said that one time before and it did go away after a few days, but this time it's almost a week.

I'm remaining patient as well.
  • HI, nice to hear from people in the same boat as me. I have a doctors appointment on thursday, if he does a x-ray and says everything is in place
    I will probably feel better. I am starting to think that maybe I am not
    superman.
  • You could be superman. Do you own a cape? That would be the deciding factor as to whether you are or aren't. Message me about your doctor's visit. I'll be curious to see if you have something new going on. I'll be visiting mine tomorrow. I think I've already told you about all my new left side symptoms that I didn't have before surgery. These surgery outcomes are all just so different for so many people. Oh and I'll message you about my PT visit tomorrow. It's just so great that I get to go be tortured and then cared for right after.
advertisement