Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need answers and insight from those who live it.

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in New Member Introductions
I have recently had 3 level lumbar 3-4/4-5/5-s1 fusion
It is now one month since the 8 hr surgery.Things have changed from the right side to the left side but in a differ t way. Instead of what i was experiencing ie pain and instability Ive got spots of paralysis mainly left side
in my foot and calf and also along the side that is outside
but only so far up--this also is just spotty on the right side which is better yet its like a switch out that I am unsure as to how long this will be with me and the Pain is different yet something to be reckoned with.I need to have a good attitude but my mind and body are saying -What the hay.
My first appointment is coming up and -1st x-ray. What should
I PRESENT AND SAY TO MY SURGEON?
advertisement

Comments

• Please tell me weather anyone has experienced this ,Am I
    expecting to much to soon.I cant imagine living the way I
    feel now. With Hope and advice as to expectations and such
    I can muddle threw , But for now I'm in the dark. Help
    Pamella
  • Hello there Pamella,
    I am sorry to hear about your new symptoms. I am a "neckkie," with multiple neck issues to unfortunately I cannot give you a lot of info on back stuff. But I can tell you that last week I was doing some research on fusions and found a study that addressed the same type of thing you are speaking of: Went into surgery feeling one thing, and came out feeling something else i.e. paralysis in other areas. The good news is that in the study that I saw, both people recovered completely before a year. I cannot promise that for you by any means, but other folks I have chatted with in chat room have said the same thing that you have. Please come in and join us in chat. It is sooooo supportive. And, there are many knowledgeable folks in there that have been through so so much. If you look to your left, you will see the box at the top that is entitled "My Stuff." Within that box click "chat," and Poof, you are with us in chat. I hope you are feeling better soon. Remember, when in doubt, call the doc to make sure he/she knows about what is going on.
    Welcome to Spine Health! Hang in there baby.
    Laura
  • You may want to make a list of questions for the surgeon in order to make sure that you do not forget any questions. You are still so early on in your recovery that some of it is probably your body healing. Good luck to you and keep us posted on your progress.