Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

12 Months Post Op 4-Level PLIF Fusion

motoratormmotorator Posts: 123
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery

I am 64 year old male. Just passed my 1 year post op. Doing pretty well. I am not suppose to lift more than 30 lbs. I am not on any pain killers or NSAIDS.

Harry
advertisement

Comments

• That is a pretty impressive picture you got there!

It is great that you are doing so well and even better that you have come back to tell us about it.

SO how did you put your pic here may I ask. I think I have tried it and got bamboozled.

Blessings Sara O:)
    Oh and at what stage did you begin to feel as if everything was OK and you could get on with life. I feel like I am on a waiting game here (6 months).

• Hi Sara

The photo:

1. I took the photo with a digital camera in the Doctors office.
    2. I posted the photo at photobucket.com.
    3. At photobucket.com I selected and "copied" "IMG Code".
    4. I pasted to the spine-health post here.

Let me know if you have questions.

Harry
  • Sara Wrote: Oh and at what stage did you begin to feel as if everything was OK and you could get on with life. I feel like I am on a waiting game here (6 months).

I have healed at a steady rate this past year. Everything is not OK but my terrible sciatica is gone. After the surgery I had pain from the site but I knew why of course. I still have some pain in my r hip area. The Dr gave me a script for Lidocane patches but I don't like them. I still have some numbness in my lower legs and feet. I do not like pain killers so thank goodness my pain does not warrant them. My kidney function is 50% is another reason I don't like to take meds.

I hope you improve ASAP.

Harry