Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Bi-Lateral SI joint injections, think I'm doing this backwards

sagehenssagehen Posts: 221
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Spinal Injections
I am having SI joint injections on Wednesday, after having a 2 level fusion in May.... I'm thinking , shouldn't this have been tried first? I had told all my Drs about my "hip" pain and spasms....or maybe I have a couple things going on, an ALIF is a BIG surgery to have...I don't know...the leg pain I had before my surgery was alleviated for awhile, but now it's back. That and the fewer spasms were the only positive results I could report. I just don't know what to think, I was told that sometimes you don't get high results, I was thrilled that my leg pain was gone...and I do have fewer spasms, but I feel really bad most of the time now. Same awful hip and low back pain. Maybe these injections will do the trick, hard to think of that surgery and think it wasn't worth it though.
Anyway..and so it goes.....on & on.
Having a gray day.....Sagehen
advertisement

Comments

• the comment on and on and on!

Go for the jabs and see what happens. Discuss the options with the docs, they know whether the shots ar just tempoary relief and fusion inevitable. If so why wait? Get it sorted sooner so you reduce the up the hill climb afterwards.

Thats where I am now, at the bottom of a huge mountain.

But you do need to be clear what they are doing and why and then what they hope to achieve...not just a stab in the dark!
    good luck.