Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I'm wondering if I've blown out another level?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi,

I have read lots of posts about ppl re-herniating after surgery.
I have had a 2 level fusion and several decompressions and hardwear changes all or 3 operations.

It appears I have dural tension / neural tension which is ofetn associated with herniated discs. However, my problematic discs have been removed. Could this be remaining afterwards??
I also had my cage in the wrong place for a few months as well so wonder if this may be what causes me problems.

There doesn't seem too much info on it. I did a slouch test and Lhermitts sign - very painful and defo provoked my pain.
I saw my doc today who seems happy enough but Xray in 6 weeks, and try not to provoke the pain! lol! =))

Anyone else suffer with this? What did you do to get out of the pain cycle?
Thanks in advance. >:D<
advertisement

Comments

• I felt a pop or snap sensation in my back this weekend, and I went downhill. The pain shot down my leg, and I have been in bed ever since. I am debating to call my clinic; I's feel foolish if it's nothing, and I certainly don't want to feel like I'm pestering. But it's important that these occurences are documented when they happen. I did have a 2 level fusion around 5 months ago too. When it appeared to be a flare up ( I've had many), I was put on steroids.
    With your history, it wouldn't be a bad idea to call your surgeon.
  • I don't think he was too concerned but I am still a bit worried.
    Like you say, with my history...there is a lot to think about. I think he is just glad I can move my legs..lol!!

But of course now I am dealing with the remains and recovery of an unwelcome interuption!
    Weak legs for example..they go really weak and give out.
    I get a dragging feeling deep in my thighs, quite horrid and stops me walking far.

Anyway, these thing either get better or worse!
  • I certainly hope they get better for your sake. All you can do is be optimistic, or if it's something else, roll with the punches. I have had to develop a strong mental fortitude to deal with everything, one day at a time.
  • You are so right! >:D<
advertisement