Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

1 year ago

maroseonemmaroseone Posts: 238
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Good News
Just wanted to post some good news from my first ACDF 1 year ago. The last year has been very trying, but I think that both of my surgeries were sucessful in helping me get back to as normal as I can be. The first ACDF at c5-c6, c6-c7 has provided me relief of the severe arm/hand pain that I had pre-surgery. The only problem that I have is some numbness down my left arm into my fingers. Through PT I have gained most of my strength back, at least my strength is more balanced after the last 6 months. The recovery from my second ACDF at c3-c4, c4-c5 in March of this year, along with the 3 level Laminectomy at c5,c6,c7 has been more troublesome. Seems the ACDF recovery is much easier, if there is such a thing as easier when it comes to surgery. The Laminectomy has been a long haul, but I think after 6 months of PT things are turning around. My symptoms of Myelopathy are about the same as pre-surgery in March, which we were hoping that would be the case. I will never be 100 per cent, but the other option just didn't seem like a good option to me. I see my OS the 18 th to see how things are going, but it does not look like he will let me do any work for another 6 months. Seems that neurologicaly(sp) I will not be healed for 6 months to a year from now. Nerves take a long time to heal if they are going too. Having some computer problems so I am not around as much, but I am comming along as expected, just taking longer than I want it too....perhaps by spring I may be able to play 18 again :-)

mark
advertisement

Comments

• It's always great to hear the success stories, Mark - all the best with your continued healing, and can't wait to hear that you're out on the greens!!

Tracy
  • It has been some time since I was on the board, seems that life at times gets in the way of keeping things updated. I hope that everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy 2010.
    Since my last surgery in March of the past year, things were going well as far as the recovery from surgery, it was much easier this time around since I knew what to expect. At this time I have to say that things are ok, I have not gotten worse, a good thing, some small improvements have come along. The numbness in my left arm/hand is not as severe, still there but not dropping things as much. The clonus has not made any improvement and I still have hyperreflexia, don't stand in front of me when checking my reflexes..one could get a good swift kick. I still have trouble with my feet following along with what my brain is telling them to do. I am off to see a new Doctor about that in January. They are looking at Botox and or Baclofen to try and stop the mini spasms in my legs that get worse at night than in the day. The waiting to see what is going to be done is harder than what they will do to try and 'fix' things. They are going to do a moving EMG, I hope they have a harness attached to me, I can see a funny looking fall.
    I have not been cleared to work, I have accepted the fact that I am done with that part of my life. I have a Neurosurgeon appointment in January also, he will probably say that it is as good as it gets, see you when you need to see me thing. The last visit he told me I was walking much better, guess it depends on whose opinion it is.
    Sorry for the long post, but I do hope that everyone keeps moving forward with their recovery and can have a pain free Christmas. I will try to be around more than I have been. Until then, take care
    Mark