Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

IF YOU ARE DEPRESSED OR STRESSED, CLICK HERE!!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Chronic Pain
Hi there everyone!! I am here today to give you a word or two of encouragement. It may be kinda corny but thats ok. Maybe it will make you smile just a little. >:D<

My pastor told us one time that we have 3 parts of our lives that, if they are fullfilled, we are a happier, more complete person.

:H 8> Social
To be a social being is only to be the kind of animals we are. Humans are naturally pack animals. Thats right ANIMALS!! Have you ever noticed those people that drown themselves in work? Did you notice how unhappy and distant they seem? Thats because they havent excersized their instinct to be social. They voluntarily put themselves in a cage. And just like the caged animals at the zoo, they become emotionally detached and depressed. Always take a time out of the week to be social. Whether its playing board games with the family at home, or going to the local sports bar with the buds to watch the games. Its a great time to vent your frustrations to a trusted friend. Often times our first reaction to depression is to hide in ourselves. This is just the worst thing you can do. Close yourself socially and your depression can whirl out of control. Just being Social can lift your spirits dramatically.

O:) Spiritual
Yep thats right. Whether you are Christian, Jewish, Budhist or whatever, Spiritual expression is another important one. Humans believe in belief. As a Christian, I believe in the healing power of prayer. In actuality, many times just the act of going to church and praising a worshiping releases endorphins. And as we all know, endorphins are the body's "happy drug." Spiritual health encourages the body to release endophins which in turn makes us feel happy. Also, going to whatever religious gathering you beilieve in helps the social part of you too.

X( Sensual
As social creatures we have the desire to make an intimate connection with another. So hold your lover closer and more often and this will also release endorphins. Dont be afraid to cuddle. Talk with your partner often. Let them know what you are feeling or going through, and do the same for them. Your relationship will strengthen and the bonds will grow stronger. Include them in your social time and spiritual time as well. And a note for those who are still looking for Mr. or Mrs. Right, if you are fulfilling your social and spiritual agenda, you will find someone eventually.

Never feel like you are worthless, because you're not. Sometimes the trials you are facing now are part of a much bigger picture. And your place in this awesome world is a big one.

And now just a few of my favorite sayings. Ones I have made or my pastor has said.

*God is a great chess player. If its your turn, he wont move.

*Sometimes the things we know, keep us from learning the things we need to know.

*My impact on others can last a lifetime. Will it be a positive or a negative one?
advertisement

Comments

This discussion has been closed.