Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New here

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi everyone I have been looking for a group like this so I can hear other people's issues like my own and know i am NOT alone!! I had back surgery L5-s1 6 months ago and everyday it seems I am getting worse and worse and more and more depressed!! I am 36 y/o mother of 4 and I fell almost 3 years ago and vowed NEVER to have back surgery but my body had other plans, the pain was unbearable (or so I thought at the time!) Now here I am going to PT and taking 60 mg of ms contin, soma, lyrica, Norco and no relief. I go to my pain spec. this weds and I need to make him understand how bad this is and change my meds or something to give me some sort of relief!! I rally have a new appreciation for people who live in pain every minute of the day. Well I cannot sit any longer so I just wanted to introduce myself! Hope to get to know some people here!!
advertisement

Comments

• Have you had a follow up with your surgeon? I thought they would do another MRI. I hope you get some pain relief, I haven't had surgery yet and it's been 9 months of pain for me. My Doctor doubled my Ms contin to 30 mg 4x a day just yesterday. Let us know how your appt. went. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Welcome to spine-health...
  • :) good luck and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry you are not getting relief from your pain meds. you are smart to be taking this problem to your doctor. :-C good luck and i hope you get pain relief soon. Jenny :)
  • You are not alone. I too had surgery last december and am worse post-op than pre-op. My pain management takes the form of methadone, percocet , soma, heat and ice. Please take a look under pain management and pain meds on this forum and maybe you will get some ideas. Good luck to you and keep us posted.
  • Is your pain the same as the pre-surgery pain or something new?
  • My pain is worse post-op so I am really PO's that I had the surgery. I fell in a grocery store Feb of 2006 and went I fell I ihad my 2yo at the time in my arms so I fell forward on to my knee and to keep her from hitting her head on the hard concret floor I twisted to hold her up and they thing with the impact, twist and weight of her in my arms my L5-S1 slipped so here i am now almost 3 years later in my never ending nightmare. Yes there is a lawsuit and they have already taken full responsibility but as you all probably know...you cannot put a price on this kind of pain and loss of a normal life. My poor kids and husband have lost their happy, energetic, on the go all the time Mom and wife so no money can make up for that. I am going to take a look at the pain meds postings, I have my appt tomorrow morning and I am going in 7 days early so PLEASE keep your fingers crossed that he will help me NOW and not make me wait a week, I cant stand this anymore : (
advertisement