Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Really scared because of MRI results

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I am a 27 year old male and haven't had any health problems that I know of.. About two weeks ago I began having numbness in the right side of my face and right arm.. Really more of a tingling sensation that complete numbness.

I saw a nurologist the other day and he said my reflexes were brisk.. I had to have a brain mri and c spine mri.. the brain mri came back normal.. but he says i have a abnormality with the c spine mri.. he told me there was a something there.. could be inflammation or could possibly be a tumor.. i have to have a spinal tap next week.

i am really freaking out.. is this very serious? what are some other things it could be besides a tumor.. the doctor is an hour away and told me this over the phone.. he said he wasn't exactly sure... the spinal tap should tell me..
advertisement

Comments

• You should really get back to the Neurologist and ask him what does he think it is and what is he ruling out what it could be. I hope things turn out well for you and wishing you healing thoughts. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Seriously. Just sitting and worrying for a week would not be a good thing. I know doctors like to keep conversations short and sweet but if he said the word tumor to you I can only imagine the emotions you must have now. Call back and see if you can have a very frank discussion with him about what his thoughts are rather than worrying yourself to death for a week. This message comes from the "Been there. Done that." club. They should NEVER say the word tumor over the phone that should have been done in a face to face meeting because cancer is a scary thing for anyone. And anyone would be full of questions afterward. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
  • Could be inflammation, sounds like he wants to rule out the possibility of meningitis. I had that before and it's not fun. The spinal tap is a piece of cake and will be over with in no time. Just make sure you listen to the instructions they give you in regards to stay lying down for a while afterward.

"C"
  • hello there,
    I totally agree on calling the NS's office an asking him/her to elaborate a bit on the last conversation that you all had. That is so scary and I can only imagine what you might feel right now. I think if I were in your shoes I would be totally scared and full of a ton of questions.....
    Start writing all those questions down so you can be ready to ask every one of them...
    In the meantime I will also be praying for you!
    Chrissy
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,720
    ">image

For a Spine-Health Site introduction, Click on :

Welcome To Spine-Health

If you have any questions, feel free to contact (PM) any one of the Moderators here Priestess , Bruce , Paulgla, DiLauro

The Spine-Health Web site offers so much more than these Member Forums.
    Check the various tabs at the top of the Spine-Health page and you will find so much that is offered here.

Please remember that all information you receive from members on this forum is NOT
    formal medical advise. You should always consult with your doctors.

To get back to the Forums, you can always click on Forum Home

Please feel free to contact me at rdilauro@gmail.com or send me a message
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    It appears that your doctor was a bit vague with you in terms of the MRI findings. I firmly believe that any doctor once they see something that is serious they will go out of their way to contact their patient and discuss all the details. It seems like your doctor wants to do more diagnostic testing (ie your spinal tap) to further isolate the problem.
    If you are really uneasy with this situation, then by all means go ahead and call your doctor. Basically just tell them that you are really anxious , worried, etc about the MRI findings and you want to know more.

Good luck.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement