Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New - Thankful for guidance

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello. Let me start by saying thank you to those who make this forum possible. It's a great feeling to not be alone and have somewhere to go to for answers and/or support.

My name is Angie; my fiance Chris has been experiencing severe lower back pain for some time now without relief much like many of the postings I have read so far. He has DDD and some other issues as well. (I will wait until he can better explain the technological terms.) All I know is, he is hurting and I was impressed when I found this site yesterday. I am hoping this site can help us prepare for any upcoming situations and especially help me to be able to be there for him in the best way possible.

During a visit to the doctor yesterday, they read his MRI and said that about 6 disks are 'fried', he has bad genes and surgery is not an option, again. We were told that he was a candidate for SCS (Spinal Cord Stimulator); I have been doing a lot of research on this procedure and found this forum including a lot of great information; I will be very grateful for any additional information or support anyone can offer.

QUESTIONS: What questions should we ask our doctor? What factors should we be leary of? What do you wish was different with your procedure if you had this done? And of course, any other information, guidance, advice or help anyone is willing to provide.

Thank you all in advance. I think the support this site creates is awesome. Blessings to all those inflicted with 'bad genes' and chronic pain...
advertisement

Comments

• It is so great to see that you are being supportive of your fiance, there are sadly lots of people here that get no support at all from their families and friends. It really is hard for people that have not experienced chronic pain to truly understand it. You must love Chris very much in order to be taking the time and effort to research things for him. I personally have not had an SCS but there are lots of people that are posting their advice and experience under pain medications or the pain management part of this site. Take a look there and I know that you will gain much support on this site. Good luck and please keep us posted.
  • Thank you so much...and yes, I truly and deeply love Chris. If it's possible, my love for him goes deeper than his pain and I am determined that together we will do all we can to overcome this or at least learn how to deal with it better. I saw how my Dad supported my Mom and that is the love I intend to show Chris...I take my vows to heart, 'better or worse, sickness or in health' - I will always love him the same.

Thanks for all your advice. The power this type of forum provides is unmeasurable!
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. it is so wonderful for your fiance to have your support. he is dealing with pain and i am sure you give such a welcome relief when all else is failing him. i want to thank you for your kindness. some members are left alone with their pain. we are alone enough i can tell you. drop by anytime! Jenny :)
  • Hiya >:D<
    Welcome to Spine health, :) We can only offer you advice based on our personal experiences :D Firsty, i think that you angie are an amazing individual O:) Anyone who lives day in day out with chronic pain ~X( , can be awful to be around(as my daughter is always telling me) :S For you to stand by your husband when hes having such a bad time, is just wonderful >:D< , and he is lucky to have that support as some on here do not have that :) Thats what you call unconditional love :X Anyway i just wanted to welcome you to the site >:D< , and i hope you enjoy it as much as we do :) . We will be there for you and chris :) to give our support :) I hope you find this site hlpful and full of information >:D< PM me if you want to rant anytime. O:)

Angie >:D< >:D<
  • was gladly accepted. Feel free to PM me anytime that you want or need to!
advertisement