Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Surprise Success

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
So...I went to get in the passenger seat of my car yesterday and realized that I wasn't having to grab the fabric of my jeans for my right leg and hoist it in the car! I just got in the car and my leg followed! WOW!
I was kind of stunned because that's been something that I've lived with for a long time, but since it wasn't painful and just a "pain in the butt", it was just habit.
I can't wait to tell my surgeon! This is also the same leg that became paralyzed during my surgery, so it's gone full circle!
I'm so jazzed!!
advertisement

Comments

• Chele, I'm so glad to hear it! Please update us on what else is going on since your surgery - are you back at work? are you driving yet? are you still in a collar? still have some pain?

So, so happy for you, my friend! >:D<
  • I am so happy for you! Amazing, isn't it? I have also been very pleased to have any major arm pain in the last 5 days since my surgery. I t's great! Congrats and good luck to you!
    Sandra
  • That's awesome Chele. I know exactly how you feel. A week out of surgery, I caught a fleeting moment in the mirror and realized....I can hold my head completely up now. It was most definitely an exhilarating moment. Congrats on your success!!!!
  • I am so happy for you!!! That is WONDERFUL news! Thank you so much for sharing. :)

One Love,

Stephanie
  • I have had a "duck foot" for as long as I can remember. I went for my walk yesterday and looked down and noticed that my right foot was straight. I thought it was a fluke, so I kept looking occasionally. Apparantly, my "duck foot" was related to my spinal cord compression. AWESOME!
    I am still in a collar. I am to a point where I am taking Extra strength tylenol during the day and vicodin/Soma in the evening.
    I'm working a little from home and just started driving since tapering the drugs. I'm hoping to go back to work the last week of Nov or 1st week of Dec.
    I go get x-rays 1st week of Dec and see my NS Dec 16th. No collar decision until then.
  • That is totally awesome about your foot! I wonder how many people that happens to? I was having major left arm pain and it fit the description of Tennis Elbow to a tee. So I'd ice it, and wear one of those wraps below the elbow and it seemed to help a little. Since I've been out of surgery I've noticed that all those symptoms are completely gone. Everything going on with my left arm was because of my neck. It's now 100%. :D

I'm still in my collar, too, and don't plan on going back to work until after my postop on Dec. 10. I'm still too afraid to drive because I don't know if turning my head will hurt something. :W

Anyway, congrats on doing so well and finding new things your surgery helped that amaze you!
  • That is great news you're improving so well after surgery. It's encouraging for others who have to go through surgery also. I'm happy for you. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
advertisement